New Girl

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

SuperGirl36

New Girl

Postby SuperGirl36 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey there!

So, I thought that I caught depression last winter, much like one catches a cold. I did everything right and got better. Six months later, I stopped taking my antidepressant (Wellbutrin) cold turkey. Less than a month later, I start to notice that I'm blowing up like a balloon... so weird! Not your typical weight gain. I've learned now that I have a condition and that my stress hormones are through the roof. They've run labs and everything. Anyone know about high cortisol? It's a serious life-ruiner. I'm working with an endocrinologist to figure out why this is happening, and what we can do to get it under control.

I'm depressed, no doubt. So much so that it's causing physical changes. My face has blown up, and I've got this odd abdominal weight gain thing happening. It's messing with sleep, the love life, workability... I'm so distraught to see my life fade into the gray. However! Now that I've identified the issue, I just know that I will get better. I've started taking my antidepressant again, and I'm going to try to muster up the motivation to exercise and connect with friends. Hence, joining this online community.

Still, I'm really hurting and could use an online connect or pen-pal. Thanks to all who have read this :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”