Hello Looking for Guidance

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

GardenChick

Hello Looking for Guidance

Postby GardenChick » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:33 am

Hello. I have been battling depression for years now. For me it is like a void or fog that just creeps in and I lose focus and although I want to do things and I know staying active will help, I find myself just sitting in a chair staring at the television when I have time. I take meds for depression and they help me focus, manage. However, right now they don't seem to be working. My situation is that I am sole caregiver to my elderly mom and I am always stressed due to her care, my financial problems, and I feel like I am stuck. I need to find a new job but I don't have a lot of confidence right now. When I am around new situations and people I feel anxious - and like I have to fake who I am and pretend to be happy. Just looking for some connection to others who have coped with this. I have never visited a forum before so I hope I am posting this correctly.

ree

Re: Hello Looking for Guidance

Postby ree » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:23 am

hey, have you tried counselling or therapists?
Last edited by ree on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ree

Postby ree » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:26 am

hey, have you tried counselling or therapists?

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:41 am

Hi, sorry to hear what your going through.

It must be hard. It sounds like your doing everything you can and trying your best. You seem to really care about your mum too.

I don't know if you said your working or not but it might be a good idea to look for another job. You got time to look for something else. The money might also be better. Are you getting benefits or any other financial support?

If your feeling like you need help to cope or anything you can always go back to your doctor and seek professional help. You can say about your mum. Maybe they can put you in touch with organisations to help. Are you getting any care support? That might be a good idea also.

Please keep reaching out. Your not on your own. We're here :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”