Hi, all

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

ohbeautifuldelilah

Hi, all

Postby ohbeautifuldelilah » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello, I'm 19 years old, currently in University and also currently struggling with depression for about 4 years now. It comes and goes, really, but when it comes, it really wrecks me up. I've been getting by on my own through the occasional emotional breakdowns but usually I just self-harm; tonight, I really just can't take it, so I thought of registering here--or simply put, I thought I really need to go and talk about it, because I'm tired of talking to myself, the voices keep on talking even if I want to go to sleep.
I hope to learn from and be enlightened by the community, thanks, you guys.

joew

Re: Hi, all

Postby joew » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:42 am

Hi, just trying this out myself for the first time. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I am 53 and first started to feel depression at age 45. I have all of the classic symptoms and have been diagnosed with mild depression and anxiety. I have been on meds for 8 years now but still have bouts with it that come and go. Some days I do not feel like getting out of bed. I have been divorced since 2010 and have shown little interest in finding and having another relationship. Today I feel particularly bad and am staying home from work. I hope these forums can hellp somehow.

joew

hopefuleddie

Postby hopefuleddie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Hello,

Having experienced depression for about a year myself, I know how you feel. The one thing that helped me the most during that period of my life was having someone to talk to. Coming to this board is a good step. Do you have any family or friend members who can support you through this? I really really hope you do, my best friend was a big support system for me. There is also a good and free counselling site called Hopeline (please google it), and some articles here that can help you. Please keep fighting.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I understand how you feel. I also have Depression and it does hit you when it feels like it. You find yourself in a vicious circle which you can't get out on which is terrifying to know.

Most people find Depression a constant thing in there lives, others only get it now and again. It depends on the person. When someone understands it's great but when others don't it isn't. You feel all alone and empty.

I don't know whether this sounds like some if the things your going through but if it is it's very common and your not alone.

When you say get really low do you know what helps you to be back to yourself again? Is there something what helps? How long does this last?

They best way to prepare yourself for the worse is to be ready before it happens. Know in your head what your gonna do differently when it happens. See whether it makes a difference or not. You might have to try so many things for it to work but don't give up.

Some people also find writing down there thoughts helps. You can always try doing it. That might help.

Also if you can please do talk to someone. There's help and support out there. Talking to someone can help alot.

Remember your not on your own

Please keep this up x

Return to “New Member Introductions”