Hi there

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

cmarielouise

Hi there

Postby cmarielouise » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am

Hello,

I don't exactly know how long I have been suffering from depression but it has gotten worse since may/june this year. I have been tested to see if my thyriods are working probably but they aren't. I don't want to go on medication and since I don't have all the symptoms someone usually has with hypothyroidism the doctor is still testing/finding out wat he should do. In the mean time I am still finding it hard to get on with my life. Of course I have good and bad days but even small tasks seem impossible to do.
Everyone tells me to take it easy and get some rest but I feel like my life is slipping away. Especially when it comes to school, I'm doing fashion design which I know is very stressfull already but I really don't want to quit. I know that would make things worse since it is the only thing that keeps me going and I don't want to lose my friends either.
Now I'm missing school days and unable to do my homework, which I used to like a lot but now it seems more like a burden and I feel like I don't belong anywhere anymore. I wish I could just dissappear.

I don't know if this is the right place to write this but at least I could get this of my chest.

spikedvodka2

Re: Hi there

Postby spikedvodka2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Im so sorry you feel this way. I could only imagine how you are feeling. Ive been in a similar position and the best thing I did is get help and medicated. I know its not the best advice but it works, I can assure you.

I hope your day gets better
All the best, SV

alexandria_00

Postby alexandria_00 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi,
After reading your post, I am now questioning myself. I am 16, and just about a year ago, I had half my thyroid removed. It seems that ever since that time frame, I have been experiencing this whole depression thing more and more. I have dealt with anxiety for a few years now. It sort of runs with my family, as my grandfather had an anxiety disorder, and so does my mom. But this whole depression thing is a new thing for me. I can't focus in school and allow myself to do my work. I participate in band, and for years, it made me happy, but now I have no motivation for it either. All I seem to want to do is hang out with my boyfriend, and family, as those are the only things that can even make me happy, and lie around in bed all day or sleep. I eat less and less, my appetite has decreased greatly. I eat on a semi-normal schedule during the week, normally eat breakfast, a good bit of lunch, and some of dinner. But on weekends, when I have no schedule due to school, I forget to eat, and sometimes only eat one meal, or just snack occasionally. To the original writer, if you would ever like to talk, please let me know so we can contact. I feel that I have little to nobody to actually speak with and would feel great to speak with someone who is dealing with the same things as myself. Hope you have a nice day.
-Alex

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Alot of people can sympathize with what you are going through. It's hard to know if anyone understands or knows what it's like to have Depression/Anxiety. It's usually thoughs what go through it who understand.

Depression and Anxiety can affect people in so many different ways. There is no real answer what can cure this. Alot of people have to go and find out what the answer is.

There are people what can help like therapists and doctors but sometimes that's not always the answer. It maybe you got to do this on your own or look for something what can help you deal with this like mindfulness. I don't know about you but have you thought about trying any of these options? As you said your not sure what to do.

It's always good to talk. Just talking to someone like a stranger can make you feel more better then talking to someone you know. With a stranger it's like they won't judge or tell you what to do but listen. I'm sure talking to us has helped right?

Sometimes it's about making the first step by talking. Untill you do, you will probably wish why you didn't do this sooner.

Remember we're always here to talk.

Also please do talk to your teacher. They might be able to help you with your work and support with what your going through.

Helloraspberries

Return to “New Member Introductions”