Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Sllim

Hello

Postby Sllim » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello everyone. I am a 45 year old male, married, two kids. House, two cars, dog, the whole 9 yards. I have experienced depression my entire life, from childhood to now. I began Prozac about 20 years ago (!) After a particularly bad time. It initially it worked great - like being re-born even. But slowly and surely, the dark times have returned. Last night was the worst In those 20 years.

After reading about depression/bi-polar, it seems I can trace may of my life's issues to this illness. It never goes away. This is my cross to bear, my burden.

My issue is likely the same as everyone in this forum. No one to share this with. I work shift work and am alone all day before work, and alone almost entirely my full work day. Some days, this is great, because dealing with other people at times is hard. Others days I just want someone to talk to. My wife has an extremely stressful job and prefers to not to talk when I come I as she has trouble sleeping herself. Luckily, my dog is good listener :D and she keeps secrets LOL.

I am feeling a little better this morning, because I am hell bent on this NOT beating me. I have come too far, and have fought too hard. I have decided to take it one day at a time, one step at a time. To focus on the little things, on me for a little bit

Keep Fighting

Helloraspberries1

Re: Hello

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi Sllim, welcome to the forums.

Having depression is really hard. It can either come or go or be there your entire life. It's difficult situation to be in.

Depression can also have it's myths. When there's a negative there's always a positive but you might of heard someone say people with depression come out a stronger person or those who have or had depression lead a successful life after. Eventhough we try to believe all these are true it's not case.

It does depend on the person and there circumstances. You don't know with anyone who will have depression and you don't know who will come out on the other side in a better way. Sometimes life leads us to that path.

The only thing what we can do which is something to definitely believe in is to not stop and fight this with support around you. You will find your succeed then fail easily.

You can't give up on depression. You need to keep fighting it and get your family and friends around you for support so please done give up and keep letting them in.

I hope that helps.

Sllim

Re: Hello

Postby Sllim » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Hello again

Firstly, thanks for the support. One of the great things of this forum, is that we can feel that we are not alone.

Had a topsy turvy few days. Started feeling better for a couple of days, just to have my mood crash again. Not to sure why, but don't have a choice.

One day at a time.

Return to “New Member Introductions”