Hello everyone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

AdamSkates94

Hello everyone

Postby AdamSkates94 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi my name is Adam and I have some pretty bad depression. I'm 22 and live at home with my dad. For some reason I've always been extremely shy and quiet around almost everyone. I avoid people and situations and get anxiety at the thought of starting conversations. I hardly have many friends and spend most of my time alone. When I'm alone I try to distract myself with my hobbies like drawing and skateboarding but after awhile the depression makes me lose interest in everything. No matter how hard I try to get out of the house or even talk to someone at work, the anxiety I feel just makes me keep to myself all the time. I'm a cashier at a grocery store and I've been there for a year. Even though I've been there for so long, I still havn't really talked or made friends with anyone there. Everyone else is laughing and knows each other, but I'm just the loner who doesn't talk. And there's a girl there I've liked since I first started, but I've never had the confidence to say anything to her. The anxiety is too strong and I feel like I'm frozen. Then when I get home I feel depressed again and the cycle repeats itself. It feels like a broken record and I don't even look forward to waking up anymore. The only thing that seems to help is smoking pot sometimes. I've tried talking to therapists in the past, but none have them have given me any useful advice to fix the problem itself and not just feel better. I know I shouldn't be talking because a lot of people have it worse than me, but I'm just venting I guess. That's my story.

tjshannon74

Re: Hello everyone

Postby tjshannon74 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:23 am

Depression is an i the moment feeling opppp

bunnyfruitsnack

Postby bunnyfruitsnack » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:07 am

Hi Adam. I'm bunny and I know how you feel. Depression is such an evil thing. Makes you feel guilty and empty and hopeless. It's like drowning in ankle deep water. Logically you know in order to not drown you just gotta stand up but it's like an invisible set of hands are keeping you down and holding you under. I dunno if any of that made sense

AdamSkates94

Postby AdamSkates94 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 am

Yeah that's exactly how it feels sometimes, thank you

Reiner

Postby Reiner » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Yeah I know that feeling. It is pretty bad, but there will come good times again. You will feel happy and all the bad things will vanish for some time. That is life. What also helped me is to find out why I feel the way I'm feeling. It brings your emotions more in context and you can tackle them way better.

Return to “New Member Introductions”