Hi i'm new

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

NeekoRobin

Hi i'm new

Postby NeekoRobin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi,
I'm new here, i've been suffering from major depression and PTSD for 6 years now.
I've tried medication and therapy, i've spoke to my dr, therapist and to my family but I just feel like i'm getting no where. It's like i'm stuck in this big circle of depression, i cry all day, i don't want to go out, i struggle to go out side as i start getting more upset, but not going out has made my life so lonely. I want to get better but i feel like i just can't, talking to family hasn't helped as i feel like they do not understand me. They just want me to paint on a smile and pretend that everything is okay, but its not okay and i'm just not okay.
Does anyone else feel the way i do?

Helloraspberries1

Re: Hi i'm new

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi NeekooRobin, welcome to forums.

You seem to be going through a hard time at the moment. That can't be easy, I'm sorry.

I use to know how it felt being stuck in doors all the time, getting depressed and feeling isolated from the world. Does drive you crazy eventually.

It's good to know that you really care and want your social life back on track. It does take time to overcome your fears and worries. Do you have anything at the moment you enjoy doing? What about listening to music or watching films? Keeping busy is always a good answer. Also trying to motivate yourself to do alteast one thing everyday and setting it as a goal can help you get up and do it. Volunteering aswell is a great idea because your not only getting out the house but your meeting new people and it helps with confidence.

Would any of these be a good idea for you to do? What do you think?

I do think it might be a good idea to talk to someone anonymous. You can call The Smartians anonymously or email them to talk to them about your feelings as they help those in need of self assurance and despair.

These are just options and not all of them will work for you but atleast one of them should.

I hope that helps

Helloraspberries1

Return to “New Member Introductions”