This Is My Last Resort

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

ForgetMeNot0802

This Is My Last Resort

Postby ForgetMeNot0802 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Hello, I'm new to this...
I never thought I would join a Forum or Chat Room, but I'm really hanging on by a thin thread right now.
I have suffered from an anxiety disorder and undiagnosed depression for quite some time.
I've just started my senior year about two weeks ago, and my anxiety has been out of control, I have panic attacks almost every day and I am completely unmotivated to do well no matter how badly I want to.
I am back at school with my ex-boyfriend who abused me two years ago and am surrounded by people who treat me like I am worthless and stupid.
All I want is to move out of my parents' house so I can focus on getting better on my terms because I do not want medication.
I don't know what I hope to gain from being here, I just want to stop feeling so angry, sad and alone.
I don't know what to do anymore...
Last edited by ForgetMeNot0802 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imogene11

Re: This Is My Last Resort

Postby Imogene11 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:24 am

Hey there, you are most certainly not alone. I'm in the same boat as you are, even though I'm a sophomore in college. My senior year my family made me really anxious, and I thought moving away would help, but it made my anxiety worse. I ended up failing classes and had to move back home and now my depression is getting worse and worse. My advice to you is to seek some professional help for your undiagnosed depression. I'm trying to do that as well, but it's hard for me to build up courage to see a doctor to hear my diagnoses because that means it's real. If you ever need to vent or just talk I'm here. You are not alone my friend.

EagerBeaver

Postby EagerBeaver » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:18 am

Hello, there. I am so sorry to hear that you’re struggling with depression and anxiety. The kind of emotions you have described are often hard to deal with, and I think it would be a good idea if you seek counseling regarding your situation – this might help you deal with your feelings. I really hope and pray that you will feel better soon. Hugs!

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I can understand how you feel going back to school. It's pretty common to feel that way. Your not the only one.

Seeing people you once known does bring back everything from what you once had to deal with. It can be hard having to see them everyday and being in the same environment as them.

If you feel like you still can't cope with school and the pressures of it then maybe it's a good idea to talk to a school counsellor as it can just be you and by talking to them they will keep everything confidential so they won't have to speak to your parents. Also maybe try and think about taking up a hobby or interest after school. That way it may help with your confidence and for you to make new friends.

At anytime you feel like things are getting on top of you again and are getting bad then please seek medical help. It's important you do that straight away.

In the mean time take care and try relax.

Return to “New Member Introductions”