Hello, I'm a new member

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

rave_end

Hello, I'm a new member

Postby rave_end » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:31 am

Hello everyone I'm Raven
(English is not my mother language so I'm sorry in advance for bad grammar)

I'm still new in this kind of stuff so i didn't quite sure yet how to share my experience via keyboard. But currently (and almost everytime) I'm experiencing some stressful events that leads to depression, enough to make me often feel tempted to swalow 15 candy simultaneously (a candy that society know as sleeping pills).

i believe every member of this website is a hero who helped other, or at least able to find one that able to help him/her.
I just hope that I could find one for myself too.

i hope next time I'm able to share my experience to you guys, and i'll make sure to read yours and hopefully i'll be able to help if somehow i feel like capable of doing that.

I really apreciate everyone that make some time to read my post, you have my thanks.

sincerely,
the new member

Sadiecoal

Re: Hello, I'm a new member

Postby Sadiecoal » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello Raven
I'm sorry you are dealing with the depression beast as I call it. Please reach out to a mental health professional. There are so many resources to help you recover, from meds to talk therapy, to support groups. You are not alone. I will say a prayer for you. Julie

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:31 pm

Welcome rave_end. Nice to see that your introducing yourself to the forums :)

Please don't feel like we're judgemental people. This place is designed to help those going through a rough time or just need some advice on a situation. Your more then welcome to come here anytime.

I'm sorry that you been going through a difficult time. Depression isn't easy to live with. How you feeling this moment? Are you able to try and sleep? Maybe you should consult your doctor again and make them aware of the sleeping pills so they know what to advise you on.

I know it's hard talking to a stranger but you have done really well. I hope you feel like you can speak to your doctor about how you feel to.

In the mean time try and get something to help you relax. Maybe do some cooking or baking. That can be therapeutic.

I hope that helps x

callalily

Postby callalily » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi, rave_end, I'm a new member of this particular forum. I belong to others.

I've been afflicted with low grade to more severe depression every hour of every day, and I'm over 70 now. LOL I guess that is positive in and of itself, living this long with this horror. Yes, it is like a horror. However, when that tiny glimmer of light manages to shine through the black cloud, it is a time to rejoice, as it doesn't happen often.

I've been on several meds for over 20 years and am able to find some relief, but not much. I also have to self-medicate. I see a psychiatrist and therapist and belong to a mental health peer support group. However, it's really always there, and it can be devastating. I'm fully functioning, despite my age and illness, and would love to help you if I can.

Feel free to message me here any time and I hope I can be of some help.

Callalily

SweetSwan15

Postby SweetSwan15 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi Raven, I'm a new member here too, but not new to online depression boards. I hope you're able to find adequate support and understanding here...good luck!

SweetSwan

Return to “New Member Introductions”