Not sure what to say...

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

rhiannonkiera

Not sure what to say...

Postby rhiannonkiera » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Not too sure what to write. I am struggling with self harm, I have been doing it to myself for the past 6/7 years. From burning, pulling out hair, cutting, ripping off skin, banging my head till im almost unconscious. I am in the process of starting counselling but I feel I am not being taken seriously. It has been 5 months since I last hurt myself, the only reason behind it being this long is because I have a new partner and I do not want to upset them by hurting myself as I can understand it is not pleasant to see. However in this time I am feeling more nd more agitated, everything is just building up and im getting quite emotional over minor things. I feel as if I am stuck in a rut, if I hurt myself I feel almost a sense of release straight away however I then have to deal with looking at the marks I have caused myself and that brings me down. But if I don’t do it im still feeling like this. Its like I have a whole day ahead of me and I find it hard to complete the simplest of tasks because they seem like so much effort?! Does anybody have any advice, or can anybody reassure me than I’m not alone when feeling this way?

MyOwnIsland

Re: Not sure what to say...

Postby MyOwnIsland » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:28 am

Hello. I used to be a self harmer! Nothing helped me and I didn't get counselling or anything. What I would recommend is The Butterfly Project: draw a butterfly onto your body. If the butterfly fades naturally and you haven't hurt yourself then draw another, and get yourself a treat, such as a massage. If you hurt yourself you have killed the butterfly and start the project again without a treat.

If you are older than 18 I would recommend tattoos. They are a pretty way
of feeling pain and you can get them in hidden or extremely painful places.

MyOwnIsland-

Helloraspberries1

Re: Not sure what to say...

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:35 am

Hi, I'm sorry you feel this way. It can be hard not being able to stop the things what are hurting you what causes more pain and discomfort.

Have you been to see a doctor or counsellor about how you feel? It maybe they can put your on medication or give you advice on how to manage your behaviour triggers.

There maybe alot of issues going on here which is why it's best to speak to a doctor and get help.

Also if you can try and speak to your boyfriend about how you feel and he maybe to help you too. Remember your not on your own.

In the mean try taking your anger and emotions on over things like kicking playing a sport, venting or listening to your favourite song you can express yourself in.

Take Care

I hope that helps X

Return to “New Member Introductions”