Alone and Depressed

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bluwulf95

Alone and Depressed

Postby bluwulf95 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm a 46yr old paraplegic diagnosed depression/anxiety in a small town with no one to really talk to. I do have a psychiatrist that I see every 3mos that keeps my meds up to date,but on my last visit a few months ago we discussed changing/adjusting them so we'll see but even she is 30+ miles away.I have tried counseling but I have limited choices within driving distance and none have been a good fit for me. I recently found an online group of friends that I have more in common with but they don't "hang out" on a regular basis and that is part of the reason I'm writing now. For a few months we met fairly regularly but recently that has fallen off some because of Time Zones,work schedule,etc. and when that happened things went down hill for me fast. I was in a way "addicted" to meeting up with them and my depression escalated drastically when that tapered off to the point I really thought my mind would snap. Thankfully there were one or two of those guys that I felt comfortable discussing it with them and that helped some. There was this one lady that is one of the sweetest people I've met but we are just getting to know each other,strictly as friends because she has a SO,and being as clingy and maybe sharing to much too fast I don't know if I burned that bridge yet or not. :oops: I just really don't know what to do because depending on people to be around just to make you happy will tear those friendships apart.

Return to “New Member Introductions”