Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Artella

Hello

Postby Artella » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:44 pm

HI

This is the first time I've ever went to a forum to talk about my depression.

I'm 65 years old and just this past month I have banned dumped into a depression from hell.

Ive been able to maintain and live life relatively without a terrible breakdown since 1998.

I had PTSD in 1998 from my. job and have since done several things to grow and get out of the terrible mess I was in.

Things were going great until December 2014 when I totaled my car. Then I moved. I bought a car. It was too much and i took out bankruptcy and lost the car I bought.

Everything been living in a place since last September and I don't have any friends.

My kids are grown and do their own thing.

This past two months I've changed my thyroid medication and had a huge crash (in my head). I called my psychiatrist and he gave me prozac. It was making my brain say I wanted to die. The dr took me off it.

So now I just take bupropion for depression, xanax for anxiety. For sleeping I'm taking melatonin.

My problem is lonliness and not having somebody to talk to. I feel like a prisoner in my apt, because I can't get to places without transportation.

I have not felt such a large hole inside of me for being lonely. I don't want to die or kill myself, but I'm afraid of something happening to me.

I was just wondering if some of this depression is because I just turned 65.

And I want to talk to somebody.

I don't have flash so I guess I will not be able to participate in the chats.

bhopefu11

Re: Hello

Postby bhopefu11 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:27 am

I’m very sorry to know about your situation, and it must be difficult for you to take care of yourself. I’m glad you are working with your psychiatrist to get the right medication. Are you also doing any talk therapy? It’s good of you to reaching out. Will be praying for you!

__d

Re: Hello

Postby __d » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:28 am

Hi Artella

You will not be alone here. Please keep writing about and sharing your experiences and feelings.

Welcome to the forums :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”