Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Artella

Hello

Postby Artella » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:41 pm

HI

This is the first time I've ever went to a forum to talk about my depression.

I'm 65 years old and just this past month I have banned dumped into a depression from hell.

Ive been able to maintain and live life relatively without a terrible breakdown since 1998.

I had PTSD in 1998 from my. job and have since done several things to grow and get out of the terrible mess I was in.

Things were going great until December 2014 when I totaled my car. Then I moved. I bought a car. It was too much and i took out bankruptcy and lost the car I bought.

Everything been living in a place since last September and I don't have any friends.

My kids are grown and do their own thing.

This past two months I've changed my thyroid medication and had a huge crash (in my head). I called my psychiatrist and he gave me prozac. It was making my brain say I wanted to die. The dr took me off it.

So now I just take bupropion for depression, xanax for anxiety. For sleeping I'm taking melatonin.

My problem is lonliness and not having somebody to talk to. I feel like a prisoner in my apt, because I can't get to places without transportation.

I have not felt such a large hole inside of me for being lonely. I don't want to die or kill myself, but I'm afraid of something happening to me.

I was just wondering if some of this depression is because I just turned 65.

And I want to talk to somebody.

defeated

Re: Hello

Postby defeated » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:28 pm

Hello Artella,

Welcome to the forum :) I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. I'm sorry you're having trouble logging into the chat room, if you'd like you can PM me and we can figure it out together. It's good to have you here.

<3.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi Artella, I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm really sorry to hear.

You have come through alot since this short space of time. There's alot you have learnt, gained and worked towards. Good or bad you have come through it.

I know your going through a hard time right now which can be really difficult for you. I see you have tried to get through this alone but you don't need to.

There are things I'm sure you want to change in life. Although, it's important that you are aware how this is going to effect you.

You said you see a doctor. How often do you see them? I see your on different medication too. Have you discussed with them about this?

It's important you get as much help and advice from your doctor. Is your doctor someone you can speak to or not?

Have you tried therapy? I see you sad a doctor but om surprised you haven't tried therapy. That might be really good for you. Someone to confide in and know your not alone. What do you think?

I think you should speak to your doctor again and ask for more support. See if there's anything they can do. Ask them to see about therapy.

I hope that helps any remember your not on your alone.

Take Care x

Jesusgirl04

Postby Jesusgirl04 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Artella, I'm really sorry to hear about your depression. While it can be difficult at times, often, focusing on outside activities like volunteering is one of the best things you can do to help alleviate those feelings. I wish you the best.

Return to “New Member Introductions”