hi

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

lasi

hi

Postby lasi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi all. I feel so out of place doing this. I am a middle aged stay home mom in a very small town. I have dealt with depression and anxiety since I was a teen. As most of you know, it kinda of comes and goes. Well, I have been on a down swing for quite a long time now. I have also been dealing with some physical problems that I can't figure out if they are real or caused by depression. I have no friends or relatives near me to talk to. I suppose I am on here looking for a friend of sorts or maybe just some adult conversation. Did you guys feel anxious while writing your intro too?

Lasi

defeated

Re: hi

Postby defeated » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:31 am

Hey lasi, Welcome to the forum :)

I'm sorry you're going through a rough time right now. I know how hard it is when trying to get out a depressive rut when you've been in it for a while. Are you currently seeking therapy?

What physical stuff are you feeling and is seeing a doctor an option?

*hugs* It's good to have you here <3

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi lasi, welcome to the forums.

I also do suffer from depression and when you feel like you don't know why you feel the way you do, it can make it more challenging then it usually is.

The most important thing is to keep reaching out, let people know how you feel and why you feel the way you do. It's maybe a good idea also to write down your everyday feelings and emotions and have it put on paper for future reference in case you want to talk to someone or have that as your own diary to keep.

Just remember you can always reach out on here too.

Hugs and Kisses,

Helloraspberries.

lasi

Postby lasi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. I do see a doctor for the physical stuff. I was in a-fib almost two years ago. Now I have to stay on medication. I question whether it happened because of a random panic attack because doctors can find nothing wrong with me. I have read that if your heart rate gets high enough you can skip into a-fib. Now I am constantly paranoid of my heart. I also see a psychiatrist. Anxiety meds are all I am in now because I just hate talking so much medicine everyday. Tomorrow I have an appointment to try a counselor (cross your fingers for me). I have never found one that I clicked with before so trying again.

Thanks,
Lasi

windsong

Postby windsong » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi Lasi welcome to the forum.

Finding the right counselor can be hard and sometimes it can take more than one session to see if you think the counselor would be a good fit. I usually ask mine a series of what I call hypothetical questions to gauge how they will react to different things that might be going on in my life. But if you find one don't work for you don't be discouraged and try again. Some have different approaches that work better for some people.

Anyways, how did your appointment go?

lasi

Postby lasi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:10 pm

My appointment went better than expected, though it's always hard to tell on the first meeting. I will be going back in about a week to hopefully really start talking and feeling her out more. Fingers crossed.

Return to “New Member Introductions”