I'm Stephanie

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

stephanie

I'm Stephanie

Postby stephanie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:45 am

I'm not good at telling people about myself because there isn't much to tell anymore. I used to be very high functioning and now all i want to do is stay home and sleep because its easier than just going through the motions of a day. I used to think my depression and anxiety was my situation because my family wasn't the best family. They treated me like dirt and now I'm out and with a loving family but still hate the thought of getting out of bed and going to work. Nothing seems to help anymore. I'm terrible at keeping relationships with people in general so I'm almost always alone.

defeated

Postby defeated » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:23 am

Hey there stephanie :)

Welcome to the forums, it's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time. I completely understand what its like when depression starts to interfere with every day functioning. Are you currently seeking counseling? Sometimes it helps just to vent to someone and maybe gets tips on how to cope when things get bad.

*hugs*

I hope you feel better soon.

stephanie

therapy

Postby stephanie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:32 am

I've been in therapy for years now. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:34 am

Stephanie,

Are there other threads that touch you on here?

In particular are there threads that inspire you to try something new or different? I would love to hear about what you've tried, and how it worked.

The responses you might get back might not be too helpful ... except over time you might see that depression is a huge magnifying glass for your problems. What seems like a total failure might look like a success to some of us.

The nice thing about not being alone on here, and posting is that you have the opportunity to reflect on yourself. Please look up posts by a person named Specter. They haven't posted for awhile, but we used to talk often, and I think Specter helped me even though it doesn't look like I returned the favor.

What I'm trying to say is that even people who don't think they are doing good may be helping. It is a shame when depression makes that help like a one way mirror... So you can't see through to see how we are all in this together.

DevotedBaker54

Re: I'm Stephanie

Postby DevotedBaker54 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Stephanie! I'm so sorry your depression is so constant and present in your life right now. I've been where you are, and just spent my days hiding from the world because it's easier that way. But you can't spend your whole life just merely existing in this world and not participating. It will be rough, and absolutely the last thing you want to do, but you've got to get out of bed and start living. Just take one day at a time. I have found that I get up and give myself one goal for the day. That may be to call a friend, or to go out and see a movie. Just try to make a little progress everyday. And don't beat yourself up if you have some bad days. Be kind to yourself.

I'm truly sorry you're struggling so much right now, but things will get better :)

Helloraspberries1

Re: I'm Stephanie

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear what you been through. I can't imagine for one second what it was like for you.

I know how you feel when you say you have no motivation to do the things most people can do in there daily lives. Some people don't understand Depression and what it's like on an everyday occurrence.

You seem to be very aware of your actions and how you feel. I believe also that you want to stop feeling the way you do and move forward.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned counselling to you? That might be an idea for you to consider. Sounds to me like you need to get things off your chest.

I'm pleased you have found this place and hope we can all be a support to you.

Please take care for now.

Hugs

Helloraspberries1

Return to “New Member Introductions”