introducing myself

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

UnicornsDontExist

introducing myself

Postby UnicornsDontExist » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:26 pm

hello everyone. i just joined and thought that i'd go ahead and say hi. i don't know how much this forum will help me, or how often i will post. my life has been turned upside down and i thought a forum might help me when i need to vent or talk to someone when i have no one else (like in the wee hours of the morning, or when my friends are busy with their own lives).

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:12 am

Hi UnicornsDontExist,

The chat rooms can be great once you get a feel for who the regulars are and what time they login. I think these forums are much more supportive, but less active. I think they are good for putting your ideas out there and getting other people's reactions.

The other thing I notice about this board is that the one problem it can solve is the one of "You Are Never Alone.". But to give therapy, change, and improvement their due: Not being alone is not the same as not being lonely.

I use this forum to safely try out messages that I don't feel safe expressing in real life. You said that your life has been turned upside down ... which means that something or someone you trusted has turned out not to be reliable. This is a great place to confirm that any ideas that you are not totally responsible for that thing or person being unreliable.

Best wishes,

defeated

Postby defeated » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 am

Welcome to the forum UnicornsDontExist :)

100footpole put it so well that I have nothing to add lol

Hope to see you around :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”