Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Rob625

Hello

Postby Rob625 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Hey everyone, Im Rob. I've had anxiety and panic attacks for years. Just recently depression has decided to add itself to my list of unpleasantness. Hope to do some reading on here later. Anyone have good book recommendations on coping with this stuff I'd appreciate any ideas. Thinking of getting the anxiety workbook and a book called when panic attacks but not sure of any titles on depression. I'm also recovered alcoholic. AA meetings help, but the depression is still getting worse
Be well Rob

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi Rob625,

One book I really like is "This is How" by Augusten Burroughs.

What I like best about the book is he opens it by telling how hard it is to deal with someone who tells him "To Turn that Frown Upside Down", that a positive attitude changes everything.

If you find a workbook that you like please post it on here, I will see if I can get a copy from the library and we can discuss if you want.

defeated

Postby defeated » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:16 am

100footpole wrote:Hi Rob625,

One book I really like is "This is How" by Augusten Burroughs.

What I like best about the book is he opens it by telling how hard it is to deal with someone who tells him "To Turn that Frown Upside Down", that a positive attitude changes everything.

If you find a workbook that you like please post it on here, I will see if I can get a copy from the library and we can discuss if you want.

I love Augusten Burroughs :) That is a good book as well!

Return to “New Member Introductions”