Hello Everyone!

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Gaby77

Hello Everyone!

Postby Gaby77 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:36 pm

My name is Gaby and I am totally new to this. Lately I just feel so worthless and i'm not so sure what to do. I have been going through a lot with school and my personal life and sometimes feel like I have no one to talk to.
I just want to give this a try

specter

Postby specter » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Welcome Gaby77. Feel free to post your feelings on the forums.

Seann

Postby Seann » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:07 am

Hi Gaby77,
Yeah, putting my thoughts into something more tangible really helps. Not so much for reflection, but to relieve tension. Everyone's different, gotta find what works for you. I know I wish I could pick up a guitar or something to release my feelings, but you gotta use what's available to you.

Best of luck, I like to chat if you need someone to vent on. I think a lot of people on here probably do also. (;

cyclingcraz

Postby cyclingcraz » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Gaby, so sorry you are feeling like you do not know what to do. You mentioned going through a lot at school and your personal life right now. Know that everyone goes through seasons in life where you go through some rough times but know that you are never alone and keep reaching out.

CatsAndTea14

Postby CatsAndTea14 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi Gaby!

Have you talked to your doctor at all? I knew I had depression for years but was too afraid to talk to anyone about it. I recently talked to my doctor and she was incredibly helpful and gave me a lot of great resources.

If you aren't ready yet, I found writing in my journal really helpful to try to figure out how I am feeling.

I noticed you said you feel like you have no one to talk to, so I think you took a really great step coming here!

In my experiences, when my depression was really bad I felt like I had no one to talk to. When it got a bit more manageable I did talk to a couple close friends and it turned out they had experience with depression and anxiety themselves, and were really understanding. of course that was lucky for me, but maybe your close friends or family will be able to understand, or at least try to. It will feel scary (I had to talk to them over text because I was too scared), and you may have to work up to talking to someone, but it may be really helpful to have someone you can talk you who knows you well.

But until you feel comfortable doing that, feel free to talk to me on here!

Return to “New Member Introductions”