Hi :)

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Hello raspberries

Hi :)

Postby Hello raspberries » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi there, my name is Hello raspberries and I'm new to this site depression alliance. I hope I make some new friends here and meet everyone from the community.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Hugs and kisses

Hello raspberries x

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:36 am

Welcome Hello Raspberries. You have the coolest name. :o

love and hugs always

TerriK

Re: Hi :) parents support

Postby TerriK » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:38 pm

I'm sorry it didn't go well telling your mom. I understand how frustrating it is to have others think you have no REASON to be depressed. Depression isn't just a sad feeling and I think that's the most frustrating part. I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific. Can you imagine how I was treated to say depression? My little sister was like "you live in paradise!"

I got the feeling that your mom may be having difficulty as well. Just a suggestion, but maybe you could open the door to understanding her depression and she may be more understanding?

I worry that your so young and have no support from her. My family treated me the same way and I am almost 60! I finally had to sit them down and REALLY talk to them. I had to make it clear that I'm not what they call "sad". I was really direct. I don't feel anything. I am empty! I'm not happy, I'm not angry, I'm not tired, I'm NOTHING! I sleep because I have no reason to do anything else because I don't care about anything. It doesn't mean I don't love them because I can't even feel that right now. I had to make them understand that this is about ME and that all their proding and coddling was making it worse. Stop asking me WHY and get that I don't KNOW or FEEL anything! I even had to ask them not to say "I love you" on the phone because it was so overwhelming with their need for me to feel. We agreed to "see ya, love ya, bye!" That means I am done talking, can't explain what's up and laters!

Sit down and really talk with mom. Tell her you want to talk with a professional (please do!). That person can really help you move forward. Please don't let the depression consume you (and it can). Keep posting when you need here okay? I've added you as a friend. I've been in treatment for years. I'm very supportive. Take care raspberries!

Helloraspberries1

Re: Hi :)

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:34 pm

TerriK I think you got the wrong person. It wasn't me what said about my mum not being able to cope with my depression.

I only recently just messaged that person on the forums. It should come under my mum isn't supportive or something.

Sorry

Helloraspberries

TerriK

Re: Hi :)

Postby TerriK » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Oops

Return to “New Member Introductions”