Introducing myself

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

frankie456

Introducing myself

Postby frankie456 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:02 am

Hi there, I was diagnosed with clinical depression & anxiety last year. I used to live in another country and left my life to live in the US, get married, etc, but I've been miserable every single day since I arrived 3 yrs ago. I've always been a bit melancholic but never, in my wildest dreams, would I consider myself 'depressed'. However, according to my psychologist, I am.
Things are at the point now where I've stopped caring about anything and anyone. I've gained heaps of weight, am totally bored, understimulated, lonely and sad all the time. It wrecks my brain and breaks my heart. The only way I can deal with feeling so alone is to sleep all day or to study for my degree. My body feels like an empty shell with nothing inside of it. I just don't give a damn about anything.

Is this normal?

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:17 pm

It's normal to have those feelings at times but not over long periods. That is when depresssion comes in. How long have you been feeling like this for?

Welcome Frankie, :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:49 pm

((((((((((((( frankie ))))))))))))))))))

Hello, nice to meet you.

Perhaps coming into the chat room that is with this forum, talking to others, getting support with others that deal with depression might give you a 'boost'.

Are you seeing doctor(s)? Share with them your thoughts.

Do hope to see you in chat room.

Warmie 8)

Return to “New Member Introductions”