Here to help

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

flojo

Here to help

Postby flojo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi,

I'm Joan. In the past I have had bouts with depression and low self esteem. I was so lost in the downward spiral so often that my spirit was nearly deleted. Somehow, without technically official therapy I have been able to find joy in nearly every moment of my life for over 2 years now. My methods are working and I would like to be here to share and help with any of you that I can.

Thanks for having me,
Joan

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Welcome Joan! Nice to know that you are able to find joy in every moment of your life, please tell me your methods! i'm very interested to know as i'm not able to do that.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Welcome Joan :)

flojo

Postby flojo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:39 pm

hi hey-its-ok

love your name. in fact i'd say that will be the first method I will share today.

The last couple of my days here have been filled with doubt about where money will come from, fear that I'm doing all the wrong things, topped off by hurting myself slipping on a slick rock (my back is feeling it today), and my car requiring a new clutch (oh good, cause i didn't really want to pay any of my other bills anyway).

When I feel this overwhelmed, one thing I go to is knowing that everything has always worked out OK in the past (I'm still alive and healthy and able to have fun and learn and love and i'm not in debtors prison YET, i still have a roof over my head, pets and friends and relatives who LOVE me, I eat everyday and the world is a beautiful place filled with beautiful things and people). I know this polly-anna crap can sound like nonsense from some perspectives, but really if you just take a second to stop thinking about anything not in your immediate surroundings, your eye will find that one cute little yellow flower on the weed pushing the cracks in the pavement even.

So, basically, the first thing i am sharing with you here is that "it's ok". Having faith is one thing that helps me release the tension i am holding onto so i can move on and enjoy something about my day.

A-OK
over and out

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Oh that's a good one, i so agree with you. Taking a step back and looking at history, we see that things did slowly work its way out, and things will slowly work its way out this time too, just that when we put our heads too deeply into our currently mess then we'd feel the pressure and weight of it all. We just have to step back and look at the big picture...

looking forward to your second method Joan... :D

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:58 pm

((((((((((((((((( flojo ))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi, nice to meet you and Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Warmie 8)

Return to “New Member Introductions”