Hi from Indiana, USA

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

JudeB

Hi from Indiana, USA

Postby JudeB » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:06 am

Hi,
My name is Jude and I have had major clinical depression for 8 years. Of course, that includes my 35+ allergies too.
I am having trouble with my balancing act; which is why I am here.
ex. What I do to help my allergies; makes my depression worse.
What I do to help my depression; makes my allergies worse.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:42 pm

welcome to the site JudeB, this is a very supportive place, I am sure you will like it here. :)

rlemay

Postby rlemay » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:52 pm

OMG....I too have both clincal depression and severe allergies. My allergy meds make me suicidal. Had to stop taking them, so now I don't want to kill myself but I'm physically miserable due to my allergy symptoms.

I have to go back to the allergist to find something that works for me besides the shots.

Good luck to you.

JudeB

OMG is right!

Postby JudeB » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:48 am

Man! NO allergy meds except shots?
I feel for you. I cannot imagine taking those shots without any allergy meds to help out. (Benadryl gel is the bomb)
When I was getting my shots; got 2 allergy shots and one histamine shot every week. It sucked.
I am praying for you. I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that you are definitely not alone with this.
You gave me some comfort in just knowing I am not alone with having both. Thank you. :)

rlemay

Postby rlemay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Jude,

You made my day yesterday. I will pray for you too.

You gave me the courage yesterday to speak to my son about this. I keep a lot of my troubles to myself. My boy is a junior in college and he was really cool with it.

I sometimes feel like a freak. I mean most people don't have to fight off depression and fight to breathe too. I know we all have challenges but it gets to me sometimes.

I sure hope your day is going well. I'm just crusing through mine.

RL

Return to “New Member Introductions”