Just looking for support/anyone to talk to

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Michelle9212

Just looking for support/anyone to talk to

Postby Michelle9212 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Hello, hope I'm posting to the right spot.
I've had depression and social anxiety for almost my whole life; I was doing pretty good at just being numb until recently, now the overwhelming sobbing and all have come back and I feel like I need to talk..
I'm literally shut off from the whole world at this point (no real-world contact with people and very little online interaction) so I think I just really need to talk to someone, have some human interaction. It's fine if you don't have any advice or anything just talking to someone I think would be so helpful.
Thank you so much:)

Frame

Postby Frame » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Yup, Nope, no advice.
Thinking though...

Thinking...

Wondering...

smiling_cynth

Re: Just looking for support/anyone to talk to

Postby smiling_cynth » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:25 am

Hi Michelle9212, I'm sorry you are feeling so isolated. Is there any reason you are finding it so difficult recently? I've been struggling with my problems for awhile now and am starting sessions with a psychiatrist next week in hope to improve things. But I just wanted to say that I understand how you feel - most of the time it's so incredibly lonely, and I believe voicing it out is a brave step :)

Michelle9212

Postby Michelle9212 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi, thanks for responding :)
I'm not sure why I'm worse now, I guess it's just been building with me becoming entirely shut off from human contact, and anxiety (my housemate/landlord went into foreclosure and the thought of getting a new apt and all that entails is overwhelming me; especially needing to get a new job..). I would really love to see a therapist but don't have the money or insurance : / Glad to hear that you are though, I think that and committing to getting better are easily the two most important things you can do. I hope it goes well for you :)

FatBarbara

Postby FatBarbara » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:08 am

Hi michelle,
I am brand new to this site also and I can completely understand how you feel. I am sorry about your apartment. It is one of the reasons I am here since I am so totally overwhelmed with a foreclosure of my own. I just wanted to post and say that there are others out there for you. I am going to look around this site a bit and see how it works...hopefully it will be good for both of us!
barbara

/Kay//

Postby /Kay// » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey! I'm new too and I'm not sure if I'd be able to contribute much help but I'm here if you just need somebody to talk to :)

/Kay//

Postby /Kay// » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey! I'm new too and I'm not sure if I'd be able to contribute much help but I'm here if you just need somebody to talk to :)

Michelle9212

Postby Michelle9212 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi Barbara and Kay
Thanks for responding. Sorry you're also having a difficult time but I hope this site does help. I'm too tired to think today so I'll leave it at that, just wanted to respond and say thanks :)

my best friend is my cat

Postby my best friend is my cat » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Well, maybe misery loves company - or empathy. I don't have advice, but I know what it feels like to hate yourself and dread the future. So I can empathize with anyone else who feels like living is just going through the motions. And it makes me feel safer knowing that there are actually people who can empathize as well. HOpe the three of you can get some moments of good sleep tonight....

Kisch

Michelle9212

Postby Kisch » Mon May 12, 2014 12:37 am

Sorry you r feeling bad. Do you get sunshine and exercise? That helps me. Also, avoid alcohol.

SamIAm26

I'm new, is anyone online?

Postby SamIAm26 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:47 am

Been looking for a chat room with a solid group of supporters. I was just diagnosed with depression and it's not been an easy road. I recently had a panic attack and left everything I knew only to now be stuck. I'm scared and i feel completely alone. Is someone online?

snowbradford

Postby snowbradford » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 am

Hi Michelle, I am also new here. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone :-)

LorenzoJr

Postby LorenzoJr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm

I am new here, as well. Hey Michelle, just wanted to let you know that change can be difficult and scary, especially when one is used to the comfort of a routine-like lifestyle. I would encourage you to try new things periodically. I have and its been breaking me out of old habits. Also, working out is the best anti-depressant on the market! It can be free and convenient!

Hawkeye

Also

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:50 pm

SamIam, Michelle and all:

I can relate to how each of you are feeling. I also am looking for a group to talk to that can relate, but I don't feel judged or uncomfortable.

I have had depression on and off for 9 years. The last 4 months have been extremely hard, and now looking for others in hard times to discuss symptoms, meds, and things that help get back to a better state. How have you all coped with low times? Do your meds work?

I have been off work for a month, and still no help with anxiety and depression. I thought it was work related, but still waking up each day with down feelings, lack of energy and motivation, and wanting to stay in bed/home. I started to work out last week, but today, after working out, no improvement. Came home and laid on the couch.

Hope to hear more from this forum and any advice helps?

Return to “New Member Introductions”