Hi from Canada

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ma-hee

Hi from Canada

Postby Ma-hee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:16 pm

Hello there. I'm new to the forum and needed a place to come and vent, I guess. I've been dealing with depression most of my life, starting around the age of 10 or 11 and slowing developing until I finally admitted it an asked for help 2 years ago. I'm now almost 22.
Although I've been trying to get a hold of my depression, and have had some degrees of success, lately I've been having it really rough. I want to make big changes in my life, but right now I'm being held down, and theres not much I can do about it.
For example, I want to get out and try new things, and I have been I started going to meditation lessons at a local Buddhist temple, and tried getting up early so I could take morning walks etc, to resist the urge to stay in bed all day. However, about 3 weeks ago a pet rat I have became very ill and required me to feed him every few hours and give him medication every 12. Not only does this make it harder to get out of the house, but it's making me even more depressed, especially that everyday I watch him NOT get better, and now have to accept the fact that he has a brain tumor ad I will probably have to put him down when I take him back to the vet Monday...
Also, because of my depression I had a really hard year at school last semester, and now am being kicked out for a year. I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself. And to top it all off, a few days ago my Grandfather committed suicide. The second suicide in my family in 4 years.
Lately I've been so restless. I want to be out of this house and out doing different things and trying to recover. I feel like I've reached some edge where I'm finally ready to fight back against my depression, but I have things holding me back that I cannot and will not just give up on. I have a responsibility and love for my pet that I cannot ignore, but I don't want to keep feeling like this. I know maybe I can ask my roommates for help with the feeding etc, but I feel like I don't trust them to care about him enough to make sure it gets done.
Anyways, sorry this was a long rambling introduction. I just feel like I'm slowly losing my mind.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Welcome to the site Ma-hee. I am also from canada and is 20 years old. Nice meeting you and hope to hear more from you in the forums. :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”