Needing Help!

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jess13

Needing Help!

Postby Jess13 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 pm

I have never done this before, but I'm praying someone will read it and respond cause I'm about at my wits end with this "depression". I can't eat, barely sleep, i cry for no reason and i was just recently prescribed an anti depressant. I literally took my 2nd pill today. I don't know how much longer i can even go without being myself. It's hard on my job, college, and even relationships. I'm constantly feeling like I'm going to get sick. I just want to be me again..but lately this whole thing has gotten worse. I was never diagnosed either and I'm wondering if my hormone imbalance would effect me to this extent? Hoping for a good outcome from this..Ii need someone. anyone to help.

stillwaters

Postby stillwaters » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:46 pm

hello Jess13 welcome to the forums.
You are not alone. I think you will be surprised when you find out how many people have shared the same feelings of dread that you are experiencing now. I remember all of those you described and am here to tell you that things can and will get better. You should know that it may take up to 6 weeks for the antidepressants to take full effect so dont expect an immediate change but give it time. If you have access to therapy, take it. For me the greatest breakthrough was accepting that I was not going to be the same person anymore. Not a worse person, just different than I was. Actually perhaps a better person as it gave me a different perspective on the what it means to be human.
Do not lose hope!

stillwaters

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi Jess13,
Stillwaters is right. Do not give up, and you need to give the medication some time to work. Depending in what you're taking, it might kick in faster than six weeks.
I just started on a medication that began to work in a week.

I'm sorry you're feeling tormented and afraid. But, this was a good site you chose to talk about it. Try to stick around and feel free to discuss any problems you're having.
We know how you feel. We're here, and we're listening.

Most of all, don't panic and worry about things. Worrying only adds to anxiety and doesn't change things. Maybe, journaling your problems each day would help unburden you of stress. Grab a pen and notebook and write everything you're going through- This will also help!

Return to “New Member Introductions”