Motivation

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bookwyrm

Motivation

Postby bookwyrm » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:38 pm

Hey everyone. Im Rick, 19 and living in Maryland.

Ive been shy for as long as I can remember, so even though I have been depressed for a while, I have never done something like this before. I really dont have any friends, so apart from professional help I have few to talk to. Just seeing this site made me feel better. I had lately given up trying to live, a relationship didnt go as planned(do they ever?), and I didnt know where to go next. Luckily I am in school and have a job, I havn't fell too far, but I am getting increasingly anxious and lonely.

After reading some threads I feel some hope. I feel that if I want to I can change my life, it is possible to get better. I should start working out again, go outside some more! I'm looking for a little motivation and support, Im sure you can offer some.

not giving up

Postby not giving up » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Good for you. I'm no expert on the subject (it's my first day, too) but you do seem motivated to make things better for yourself. That's got to be a big step. Wish I could offer more advice, but I'm kind of clueless in this area. Just wanted to throw some kudos your way for trying to help yourself instead of waiting around for someone else to do it. Good luck!

Matthew

Hello!

Postby Matthew » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:25 pm

Glad you joined the site! I think you're taking the first positive step. If you ever need some help please feel free to send me a message! Take care.

shmuel

Postby shmuel » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:58 am

hi and welcome bookwrym.
Lots of friendly and supportive people around here.
So don`t hesitate and post away :D

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:29 am

(((((((((((((((((((( bookwrym ))))))))))))))))))))

You have friends here, just remember that. We all deal with depression, and together we support and get through another day.

Talk with us about the depression, life, good and bad. We do care.

Warmie 8)

Return to “New Member Introductions”