gidday all

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

sigmund

gidday all

Postby sigmund » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:20 am

i am female and live in australia, was abused as a child and now suffer with depression, panic attacks, extreme anger problems, hoping to find help here and not judgement. i have seeked help from my GP but all she does is up my meds. hoping to find help and to make friends. well that is about it,so hoping i am welcome here.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:28 am

Of course you are welcome here Sigmund!! :).

MoMac

Postby MoMac » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Welcome Simund. Maybe I'll see you the chatroom sometime.

shmuel

Postby shmuel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi and a warm welcome Sigmund. Look forward to seeing ya around.
Lots of supportive and friendly members.

cec

Postby cec » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Hey Sigmund--glad you found us and no, you will not be judged here. In fact, you will find others who have shared similar experiences and will develop some good friends if you choose to stay awhile.

Just one thought: Often people who experience what you have described develop PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) or other anxiety like issues. It's very common for depression and anxiety to follow such disorders . I know because I have just that. Meds cannot cure this but only help us to engage in what does help, which is therapy.

I"m not a professional, and I don't want to project my experience onto yours. Just a peer who also suffers and who can tell you that you probably need more than what a GP can provide, certainly more than what you say your GP is providing. A referral from your GP to a psychologist or psychiatrist may be a help.

Ignore the above if it doesn't fit and know we are glad to have you here with us

All the best

cec

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:48 pm

(((((((((((((((((((Sigmund))))))))))))))))

Thank you for joining here and welcome.

Please come check out the chat room. Wonderful people that do understand for they walk the same road that we do. Hope to see you in there and get to chat with you.

Keep posting, we do read and do our best to answer.

Warmie 8)

sigmund

Postby sigmund » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:13 pm

thank you for the welcome, firstly it took me ages to howe to neogiate (sp) my way around the forum, as yet i can't find the chat room.
i have seen psychiatrists, one just rushed for prescription pad, no questions nothing just read my referral. the next one asked questions and wrote my answers down and nothing else. the third a lady said you can't get over any form of abuse unless you can honestly say you enjoyed it.
as i don't like talking i gave up on the medical profession i even tried hynotherapy but had a panic attack whilst under and never went back.
i have found because my mood goes from depression straight to rage i might not qualify for mood stablising medication. i was hoping i could take them and then conquer this councelling thing without fear of blackening out or panic attacks. when i am in councelling i look at their face, black out a bit and then panic.
you do realise it is 0440am thursday morning here and i should so be in bed, but got stuck on a guinea pig forum.
again thanks for the welcome, i see my GP monday and in mean time listening to self help CD's. thanks will pop in again later today.

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi and welcome sigmund...

... just a note about the chat room, if you want to get to the chat room, at the very top of every page here on the forums, you'll see "Depression Chat Rooms" written. Click on that and follow the instructions. I hope to talk/post here soon to you.

Stephen

sigmund

Postby sigmund » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:06 am

thank you stephen, will try and pop in sometime tonight. have to rush out and do a spot of shopping. before the sun goes down and it gets chilly.
enjoy your day everyone.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:16 am

(((((((((((( sigmund)))))))))))))))))))))))

Just sending good thoughts your way. We can all use that at times. Hope to see you posting soon. Take care.

Warmie 8)

Return to “New Member Introductions”