Don't even know where to start.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

mnk224

Don't even know where to start.

Postby mnk224 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:55 am

31/f, married for almost 9 years, 2 children.. I have been depressed for almost my whole marriage, but in the past 6 months or so, it has gotten worse. I have no friends, an abusive husband, and a substance abuse problem.. I feel like it can't get much worse at this point. I feel like my children deserve a better mother, and that I just need to end it all..

djr

Postby djr » Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 am

Hello you are not alone thank goodness you texted, you sound so very low at the moment can you find the strength to phone the samaritans they listen to people everyday,if not i'm sure you can find help on this site even though i have just joined today. Here's to friendship.

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 am

mnk224, djr states clearly what you need to, find professional help. The samaritans are an excellent source of assistance. Also, you can speak with your minister, social services, a shrink (if you can afford it), etc. There are numerous public, free services where I live (Massachusetts). Hopefully there are some services where you reside.

If there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please contact me here. My thoughts and hopes are with you.

mnk224

Postby mnk224 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

Unfortunately, there aren't any free services where I live in Alabama. I would have to pay to see a therapist. I have tried anti-depressants, and the side effects were worse than the benefits.. I will look into talking to someone on here though. I just joined, so I don't know what I am doing..

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun May 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi Mnk. I don't know what county you are in, but a lot of times there is something on a sliding scale where you pay little to nothing depending on the income. Sometimes people just don't know what kinds of resources are available to them. Also you could call your local crisis line and they can tell you what resources there are if you are unable to find them on your on.

hollyann

Return to “New Member Introductions”