new and totally lost in life

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

damien613

new and totally lost in life

Postby damien613 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm

hi everyone,
I signed up in hope that I can help maybe ease my mind or get some answers in life... I'm 29, have just came out of a serious relationship and have had just everything test my patience lately...

I hate my job, my car keeps breaking down, my motorbike keeps breaking down (I'm currently using my dads motorbike because my car recently caught fire and my motorbike is dead) and I quit my band because I'm struggling to play the drums lately.

I like to keep fit but am struggling to motivate myself to train or keep my nutrition clean...

I just don't feel happy at all... I have signed myself upto to dating websites because I feel like I need someone in my life for happiness but of the few dates I've been on I feel nothing...

I feel like I want to get away and move interstate start a new life elsewhere I just can't bare to potentially see my ex girlfriend as I still love her but totally destroyed that relationship...

I'm not sure what this web page can do for me but I just don't know what to do ATM...

karolanne

Welcome

Postby karolanne » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Hello,

Welcome.

This forum isn't busy at all. It takes patience to get answers...
I strongly suggest you to try the chatroom; there are always folks ready to help.

It's normal to feel down after a relationship break up and it takes time to get over it. And that time is variable according to the person.

When someone feel down, it often happens that the person wants to move. This is usually in hope to have a better life and be happy again. And for you, is to avoid the person you still love.

I don't think that move is necesserly. You just need time like everyone else.

Again, come in the chatroom :)

Take care

balcony

Postby balcony » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 am

Hi Damien, welcome to the forums. I am sorry to read that so many things are not going well for you right now. The ending of a relationship is so sad and there is a grieving process that takes place. Give yourself some time, it is such a cliche but time is really the only thing that helps with a broken heart. As far as your music, I am sure quitting the band was a difficult situation. In my experience, most musicians go through periods of "rest'" or frustration and often take a break. I hope you don't beat yourself up about that, it is sometimes necessary for the creative process to become re-energized.

As far as your work goes, that is another stress. Maybe take some quiet time and think about options, career choices and possible job changes in the new year. It is also possible that your feelings about work are a result of the unhappiness you are feeling outside of work.

Do try our chatroom if you would like another resource here. Chat provides constant conversation and an opportunity to talk with others.

Best to you, keep posting

Return to “New Member Introductions”