Hello :)

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bluejay23

Hello :)

Postby bluejay23 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi, I'm a 28 year old female who joined because I feel like I have issues with anxiety and depression. I have a child and want to be a good example for her. I want her to have a good life with a mom who can laugh and give her everything she needs. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be posting this! I was diagnosed with depression as a teenager but never fallowed through with the treatment. I started drugs and drinking instead which seemed to work okay (not a good method) but I overdosed and after that I tried to take drugs and drinking and it wasn't the same anymore(it started making me worse) so I quit cold turkey which was really really hard... Here four years later I am still sober and drug free.. however left to face things head on... and feeling the wrath of it. Hoping to get treatment and help the right way (have a drs app. scheduled). Being depressed has really effected my friendships, work (most coworkers at my work do not like me, patients love me though♥), and relationship with boyfriend of 5 years (father of my daughter). It's nice to know theres a website like this with others who can relate! I hope I can help others too. I'll stop blabbing on. Thank you for reading if you did!! :)

balcony

Postby balcony » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Bluejay23, and welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your daughter. She sounds as if she is a very lucky little girl..it is really hard to do what you are doing: seeking help. I think it takes a lot of courage and strength. I hope you find this place a source of comfort and support, keep posting and best of luck to you with your appointment. Hugs

bluejay23

Postby bluejay23 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks!

bluejay23

Postby bluejay23 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

went to the doctors today... was ackward because my doctor is on maternity leave so talked to a physician assistant.. who I could tell was uncomfortable with the conversation and about the same age as me! She started me on zoloft so we'll see how this new road will turn out! I'm glad I went and got it over with.. hopefully now I can be on a much happier path. Grant me the patience to find out :)

stillwaters

Postby stillwaters » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:36 am

Hi Bluejay23
I am glad you went to Dr but sorry it was uncomfortable as your regular doc was away. I think you have made the right step. I have not ever taken zoloft but the antidepressents I am on took 5 to 6 weeks the first time to really kick in so do not give up if you dont see immedeate results.
Once they do work and you get calmed down enough to think clearly, try to get into therapy of some kind. The meds and coming here are just 2 parts of the puzzle. Utilize everything you can to fight the depression. You can beat it.
Good luck and patience to you.

bluejay23

Postby bluejay23 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 am

Thank you for the words of encouragement stillwaters!! Love the name by the way.

bluejay23

Postby bluejay23 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Having a rough day. It's one of those days when I hardly have the energy to talk, or walk, or function. It's hard to smile... I don't want to do anything. If it wasn't for that kid of mine.. probibly would not have gotten out of bed today. Don't know how I managed to cook meals, brush her teeth or do laundry. My daughter really is my life saver... but I better get myself together because it's suppost to be the other way around. Feel like such a zombie. errr.

balcony

Postby balcony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:19 am

I am glad you have each other. Try and get out together and maybe meet other moms with children close to her age. I found that being with others who were in my situation helped a great deal. To better days ahead, bluejay23..hugs

stillwaters

Postby stillwaters » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi bluejay23
I think you are lucky to have your daughter to motivate you. I have had many days like you experienced but without a little one around to motivate me I am afraid I succumbed to the listlessness and did not do anything. As my therapist points out that only makes me feel worse for doing nothing so no matter what the day is like, I should try to do one thing as a positive accomplishment. I know it sounds pityful but some (bad) days that has been brushing my teeth. As I try to focus on the positive, and the new meds are working, my good days are a lot better. I am sure you will have good days again to.

bluejay23

Postby bluejay23 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:18 pm

I can relate to that stillwaters.. thank you. I will try to focus on the positive too. Hopefully I can keep on this positive path as well and see many better days. It's heartbreaking seeing your kid laughing and playing and I can't muster up the energy to play with her.

Return to “New Member Introductions”