Question

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

waiting4?

Question

Postby waiting4? » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:35 am

Hello out there! I have spent a good bit of time reading through different posts here, hoping that maybe I could find online support. I am almost 40 (actually okay with that!), very unhappily married, stuck in a job that leaves me hitting snooze 3 times most mornings, and finding it hard to breath most days for reasons that I cannot even begin to guess. People around me keep asking, "What have you got be unhappy about?" I don't know, I guess if I knew, maybe I wouldn't feel so sad all the time! And I really can't decide if I'm just incredibly sad, for way too long, or if I am depressed. I've struggled with depression since adolescence, but I mostly just feel like life is dragging me along right now. I have an appointment with a counselor, but it is still almost a week away. I have made and cancelled appointments with lawyers a couple of times, but lack the spine to end yet another marriage. I really believe I am just supposed to be alone. Alone is not the same as lonely. Right now, I am lonely, but never alone. He's a control freak - so my alone time is limited to the time I go walking. There's a lot of that! But somehow, never enough.
Babbling...Sorry. My question: Does the bulk of correspondence and support that's going on here only take place on other types of posts? I don't feel comfortable with chatting, IMing, or any of that stuff. If not, and anyone can recommend a more regular forum board, please let me know. Due to job and home constraints, this is the best I have for now.
Thanks for taking the time to read!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:15 am

waiting4?

Hope that the appointment with the counselor gave you some answers that you are seeking. With proper medication and counseling it is 'do-able'.

We do our best to give support to people. But asking if we know of another site, that is like asking one car dealer if the dealer across the street is better.

People volunteer the time they can, for like you, they have other responsibilities in life, family, job, etc. Would like for you to give the site a try, but that is your decision.

Thank you for writing.

Warmie 8)

hopeful

welcom

Postby hopeful » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Hello and welcome, I am new to this too. If you don't like chatting post another 'blog' in the same section 'new member' It will be my first point when I log in so shall reply if you've posted. Walking is great! When I started walking for no reason I Used to pretend I was actually going somewhere so that I didn't feel silly, not that anyone would have a clue. Now I am more relaxed and feel okay just going for a walk, its free and it gets you out in the sunshine (or rain) Sorry you are having lots of problems at the moment. Don't worry about being spineless just do what you are comfortable with, things will get done at the right time for you. You can feel lonely even when you are in the same room as other people it is totally different from being 'alone'. My recently ex partner would always zone out when I was with him, making me feel very lonely and boring company, so boring he didn't want to listen to me. Now I feel the freedom of being alone it is such a relief. I hope everything works out for you and you some inner peace. Keep blogging, take carexxx
________
Motorcycle Tires
Last edited by hopeful on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:01 pm

((((((((((((((( waiting4 )))))))))))))))))))))))

Just me again. Hope things are going as well as they can for you. Give us a post and let us know how you are.

Warmie 8)

Return to “New Member Introductions”