*waving hello* to everyone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Mags13

*waving hello* to everyone

Postby Mags13 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 am

Hi everyone.

I've been snooping around this site a little bit and even responded to a thread, so I thought I should introduce myself. :)

I am in my early 40s, and a few years ago something happened that forced me to start dealing with my mental health, my past.

I am diagnosed with major depression, c-PTSD, and sever dissociation, a combination that, for the most part, makes life "interesting" most days.

I am now just accepting those diagnoses and really trying to commit to getting healthy again. On a good day, I can have a day that resembles the life of others who don't struggle with depression. On a bad day, I isolate and do foolish things - like cancel all of my therapy appointments. Trying to stop the isolating behaviour.

So I'm here to try and learn as much as I can, and maybe feel a little less abnormal by seeing that others can understand some of the things that I feel.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

balcony

Postby balcony » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 am

Welcome, Mags13. Thank you for sharing a bit of your story. You sound very strong and determined to feel better again, ((Mags13)). I hppe you will meet others who support and encourage your efforts. DU is a great resource for such persons. You might try looking at the chat room here as well. To more good days, and fewer bad ones in the future! Hope to hear from you again to see how things are going, take care.

dd-va

Postby dd-va » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 am

Hello Mags and Welcome to the forums. Glad that you have found us. I am sure that you will find many people here that you can identify with. It is always a comfort to hear of others that have the same struggles as we do. We also have a chat room here, feel free to check it out as well. Take Care, and I hope to see more of you around here!

dd-va

Mags13

Postby Mags13 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes, Lisa and dd :)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:45 am

Welcome to the forums. :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”