Hi Everyone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

LunaCat

Hi Everyone

Postby LunaCat » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi everyone. I'm here because I've had a long history with depression, anxiety, low self esteem as a result (for as long as I can remember really) and have a history with SI. I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and major depression with bipolar tendencies. ETA: I am now wondering if I have bipolar disorder. I fit all the criteria, but I know I'd have to see a doctor to get a true diagnosis. Fun!

In '08 things started to turn around and I was managing okay, but lately money and life stress seems to have brought things back out and I am worried that if I don't take care of it, I'll have "bad days" all the time. I am a freelance writer, but mostly spend my time caring for my toddler while DH works long days.

I have no issues with therapy but for some reason, I'm having a hard time about needing to go back. I don't know if it's because I'm not wanting to go on SSRIs or dealing with needing someone to watch my daughter while i"m in a session, but it's hard. DH is fully supportive and thankfully we have good insurance, I just am having a hard time.

I look forward to getting to know everyone more and hopefully helping others when I can.
Last edited by LunaCat on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi. Welcome to the forums. We also have a chat room here at Depression Understood. :)

dd-va

Postby dd-va » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi LunaCat, welcome to the forums, I believe you tried out the chat room today as well, if I remember correctly. Glad to see that you are reaching out to all the support that we offer here. Hope to see you around again soon! Take Care!

dd-va

balcony

Postby balcony » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:45 am

Hi Lunacat, I am sure I have seen you in the chat room. Glad you are here. Dealing with a toddler is all consuming, I am sure it has impacted how you wish to approach therapy and meds. A child changes so many considerations. We worry so much about leaving them with others, taking time for ourselves, and acknowledging that we cannot do everything. I hope you will find a way to return to therapy if you decide that is best and again, welcome here.

LunaCat

Postby LunaCat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:47 am

Thanks for the responses all and yes, I have popped into the chat room a few times, I'm just shy and don't like to burden others with my own stuff. There's always so much going on in the chat, but it's still nice to hang back and know others can relate.

Lisa, I agree it is challenging and life changing with a child/children. I am looking more into what my insurance covers and am going to call my PCP about a referral tomorrow. Things are just getting worse and while I don't want to admit what I think is going on, I know it's better to get on top of it now then to let things get out of hand.

dd-va

Postby dd-va » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 pm

LunaCat,
So glad to hear that you are staying on top of things happening with you. That is an excellent approach to take! Yes chat can be a little confusing and overwhelming when first beginning, the first few times I went there, I never said a word, just watched and read. And even that was comforting to read what the others were saying and how it related to what I was saying!
And yes, I also agree dealing with our own problems with children involved does indeed make things more difficult, however, these children also give us the hope and motivation to improve ourselves and to make things better for their sakes.
Keep coming back...glad to see you again!

dd-va

LunaCat

Postby LunaCat » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:01 am

dd-va wrote:And yes, I also agree dealing with our own problems with children involved does indeed make things more difficult, however, these children also give us the hope and motivation to improve ourselves and to make things better for their sakes.
Keep coming back...glad to see you again!

dd-va

Thanks! I agree, children are our greatest motivation. No matter how challenging the day is, my daughter gives me so much hope and motivation. One of my greatest concerns is that she'll have the same struggles as me, and I want to be able to help her thought it should she be in my shoes some day. I also want to be the best mom I can be for her, and best person I can be for my "world". Staying motivated is hard with my lows. One step at a time I guess.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 am

We have to add up the baby steps. :) But it looks like you have a good lead in the right direction. :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”