New Men\mber

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

saddie

New Men\mber

Postby saddie » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 am

Good Morning
I am new and suffer with depression. This has been a problem for quite sometime. What I am looking for here is support. I know all about this condition and what I need to do, but support is something I need. As time goes by I hope to get and give support to others.

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:37 am

Hi Saddie,

Welcome to the depression forums.

May I ask how long you have had depression? Also, as you already know a lot about depression, may I also ask if you take any medications or receive any therapy of any nature? Do you find either style of treatment helpful? (Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a picture of your situation.)

These forums (and the chat room), are designed specifically for peer depression support -- so you're in the right place!

Let me introduce myself: I've had depression for almost eight years now, and over that time I've also fallen into some trappings regarding anxiety. I take medications, and have recently been doing some group therapy (which I personally have found a nightmare).

Anyway, please know we're here for you Saddie, and that you need not battle with your depression alone.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care,

Stephen

saddie

Postby saddie » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Hello Stephen,
Thank you for asking about me. I had a huge bout with depression 4 years ago. I went on meds. and pushed on with my life. I did not deal with any issues and I had a major relapes 3 months ago. I had to go to a partial day program. It was like being hospitalized, I just got to sleep in my own bed at night. I learned a lot about depression and anxiety in the 3 weeks I was there. Support is the reason I have joined this forum. I need to be apart of a group that understands.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:45 am

Hello saddie,

Understanding and support are the main ingredients to this forum and the chatroom. Hope to see you visit the chatroom soon.

Welcome and look forward to reading your post.

Warmie 8)

saddie

Postby saddie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:56 am

Thank you Warmie, I look forward to getting to know you and all these people here. :wink:

ButterflyKisses

Postby ButterflyKisses » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi ((((saddie))))

Glad you have found us, and hope you find the support you are looking for. We are a great group here.

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:13 pm

Hi Saddie,

I'm glad you've posted again. To me it seems essential that we address our issues, as otherwise as you say, we can relapse. It's easy to mask how we feel with antidepressants etc, but in the long run I have my doubts of such treatments and their effectiveness if we don't treat the root cause.

I was once upon a time, hospitalised due to my depression -- for my own sake. So, therefore, I can fully relate to the feelings you felt when you attended the partial day care program.

Have you any ideas as to why you relapsed three months ago? Did something "trigger" it?

I was also wondering (again, sorry for all the questions), how best we can support you. We all suffer from depression/anxiety, but I'm not sure if you would like to just relate to others in a similar situation, or whether there's a specific way in which we can try and help support you? -- For example, about medications and treatments, talking about how depression affects our every day lives, or just simply the "getting through each day".

There are some great people here, that I'm sure will do all they can to relate to, and understand your depression.

I hope you've had a better day, and that I hear from you again soon.

Take care,

Stephen

Return to “New Member Introductions”