Hi - newbie here...

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Shelly68

Hi - newbie here...

Postby Shelly68 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:05 pm

I've been taking SSRI's since I was in my 20's (and I'm about to turn 40 soon.)

Recently added Wellbutrin XL (150 mg - 1x a day) to my 10mg a day Lexapro dose...due to feeling very out of sorts lately. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results.

Anyway, my name's Shelly (as you probably already guessed LOL) and I'm 39, married to a great guy and we have a 16 year old son. I live on the coast of South Carolina. I have 3 dogs and 1 mean cat. I volunteer with the Humane Society, I crochet, and I've been in a wheelchair for 20 years due to an accident in 1987 that left me a paraplegic.

That's the extremely condensed version. :)

Nykkytta

Postby Nykkytta » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:48 am

Hello Shelly,

Wow - you seem to have a full life ! Very glad you came to introduce yourself to the forum.

3 dogs and 1 mean cat ? How do you do it? I only have one mean dog and she's all I can handle... lol !

I sincerely hope the new meds will work for you :D

Take care !

Nykkytta

Shelly68

Postby Shelly68 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome. :)

This is my third day on Wellbutrin and I have gone from "I hate this med, I will never take it again" -- to "Well, maybe it's not so bad...maybe I'll try again tomorrow." LOL And I have flip-flopped like that about 30 times.

I have a hard time dealing with that "on edge" feeling it gives me since I have had pretty severe anxiety disorder most of my adult life. But on the other hand, I really want to try to alleviate that "dulled" feeling I am left with while taking Lexapro alone.

Fingers still crossed. :)

About the animals...some days I wanna send them all to a farm somewhere - LOL -- but the bottom line is that they are a part of our family and each one ended up here because this is where they belong. :)

ButterflyKisses

Postby ButterflyKisses » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi ((((shelly)))),

Welcome to the site! Glad you posted on the forums too. Hope to chat with you sometime in the chat room!

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:44 am

Hi Shelly,

Welcome to the forums. Following on from your last post, how are you now getting on with Wellbutrin? Has your system adapted to it yet, and are you feeling less "on edge"?

I too have some anxiety issues... do you have any coping mechanisms to help?

Welcome again to the depression forums... and I hope you're doing better.

Take care,

Stephen

Return to “New Member Introductions”