Hi I'm new and want all the info I can get

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

im4au

Hi I'm new and want all the info I can get

Postby im4au » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi everyone. I came across this website searching for information on depression. I probably suffer from mild depression from time to time, but I am trying to find help for my dad and my soon to be sister-in-law. My dad is almost 80 and has been suffering from depression since the 1980's and is progressively getting worse. My sister-in-law moved in with us (it's a family home in all the children's names) about a year and half ago. She shows a lot of signs of severe depression, and I need to know how to handle both. I walk on egg shells at both places. I will post the story in the proper subject.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 pm

(((((((((((((( im4au )))))))))))))

Welcome to the forums. This really is a good site, lots of support from people that deal with depression and anxiety.

There is also a very caring chat room connected with this forum, if you want go in and talk with the chatters. Some good advice to be had from them.

Hope to see you posting more.

Warmsoul

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:25 am

Hi. I'm sorry for the position you are in right now. Understand, we can't "fix" others. They have to take the steps in healing themselves. But we can be supportive, understanding and compassionate while they walk a difficult road. Also, only a doctor can diagnose. There are a multitude of different diagnosis out there and the symptoms overlap so drastically it really does take a trained professional to adequately diagnose someone. But once it does have a name to it, it's much easier to figure out how to begin to defeat it.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:55 am

Hello & welcome! Obayan has said what I would say. When they do start their journeys, one of the things I would do 1st is to get a general checkup + lab tests, as well as a urinalysis. Maybe a stool sample.

They would have to keep searching for answers. 'Depression' can mean something else is in the mix, too.

gem

Postby gem » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 am

am new here too suffer from depession anxiety ive lost my confindance becos of it its feels like my depression is getting worse dont know what to do at the mo am on trazadone 100mg tablets i just feel like there is no way out of this

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm

(((((((((((((( Gem )))))))))))))))))

Welcome to you as well. Hope you find the forums helpful.

Warmie

Return to “New Member Introductions”