New Here

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Jubee

New Here

Postby Jubee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:27 pm

:oops:
I'm new here, and was really wondering if there were others like me out there. This is my very first chat room/forum thing I've tried. I feel I just need to talk to people who have the same thing as me...depression.

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 pm

((((((((((((( Jubee ))))))))))))))))

Welcome to the forum, glad that you found us. I am sure a lot of people here understand and can relate with what you are going through. Hope to hear more about/from you. Take care

love
dandelion

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 am

Welcome to the forum! Like you, this is the first internet forum that I've ever tried. In fact, I didn't even have an e-mail address until a few months ago, when I realised that I needed one to post on this forum, and give the world the benefit of me.....er......" wisdom. " ?
Seriously though, there a lot of people with depression " out there ". I was off work for five months with anxiety and depression, worsened by a previously undiagnosed inherited genetic blood disorder. When I returned to work and people asked me where I'd been, I would just give them a brief explanation of the fact that I'd been off with anxiety and depression. And, on several occasions they turned out to have depression themselves, and before you knew it we were swapping antidepressant stories!
Good luck, we're not as alone as it can often feel!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:45 am

Hello & welcome! ~waves~

Don't be shy....! Jump right on in here! ;)

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Jubee,

Welcome.

I regard myself as very fortunate that I found this forum. I dont know how you found it, I had just googled depression support groups and this one was there.

Had tried the Oprah site before, but that was just too many people with too many things on their minds.

Often we refer to ourselves as a family.

Hope that you feel comfortable enough to keep posting.
It helps to let some of that stuff out to people that you dont have to explain depression to.
We have all been there (or are there right now).

Again, welcome

Return to “New Member Introductions”