New Kid on the block

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

mylife

New Kid on the block

Postby mylife » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:35 am

Good morning!

I am new here and just checking it out. I am 55 and suffer from depression and anxiety. I have been this way for many years and I am looking for positive ways of dealing with it. I have recently started doing
cbt therapy on line and have found it useful but I still need other options so here I am. I hope to get to know you all and that we can help each other on this journey

sign off for now

mylife

xn728

WELCOME MYLIFE

Postby xn728 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:58 am

hi mylife ,,welcome to the forum,its a great place youve come to here
there are lots of people for you to meet ,now your here your part of this growing family .we all share or lifes with each other and try to support
and show caring and kindness ,its not all doom and gloom here we each have our jorneys to make but we have a little fun at times and the forum can be very upbeat ,have a look around my freind and i hope you find what your looking for ,,,,hope to see you later xn728 ,,,,51 yrs from
south yorkshire england ,,,reach out and we will catch your fall ,,,xn728

Mich

Postby Mich » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Welcome to the forum mylife. I am glad you have found us here. We are a group of very supportive and caring people and I hope you will share with us when you are ready and let us help carry your burden. I am a 40-something married mother of 2 from Canada who suffers from depression, anxiety and anorexia. I hope to get to know you through your posts.

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 am

Hi! It's sounds that you've come to just the right place. I've found a lot of thoughts and insights on this site that have helped me to learn to approach my depression and anxiety in a more positive way. ( I've found the quotes and meditations in Warmsoul's corner particularly thought-provoking and helpful in this regard. )
I still sometimes feel as if being more positive in my thoughts and feelings is like learning a foreign language. But as the old joke goes:
" Young man, how do I get to Carnegie Hall? "
" Practice, lady, practice! "
Best Of luck! ( PS. Perhaps I should warn you that the only drawback to this site is my very idiosyncratic, British sense of humour! )

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Welcome to the forums.

I have been away for a bit and it is so good to see the new people that have "found" this site. It has been so helpful in my life.

You can see by the number of posts that I have made that I am quite a prolific poster and am looking forward to hearing more from all you newbie's.

I am so glad that TackingIntoTheWind mentioned Warmsoul's corner. She has so many little snippets, that may be short but have often provoked me to think more about what she has written.

Again, welcome

Return to “New Member Introductions”