hi im new

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Know what you mean.

I am 52 and still trying to figure out which way is up, and which way is down.

You didn't mention how young your child was.

I did mean it when I said that we understand here what it is like to try to cope with depression.

Hope that you get to feel comfortable in sharing with us. You can be sure that there is no judging here. Or limit on the number of postings you want to make. They all are read.

Hang in there.

angel

two boys

Postby angel » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 pm

my kids are ten and 8

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:07 pm

My kids are quite a bit older than yours, my son is 28 next month and my daughter just turned 25.

I spent many years worrying about my mothering skills. I also was essentially a single mom. Not totally though their father was somewhat in the picture. It actually haunted me how poorly I "thought' I had parented them.

My daughter was 4 when I first started getting psychiatric help and when they were abouit the ages of your kids I was into a full-blown depression. I sat in a corner and drooled for a few years because I was so medicated. That was to keep me on this earth.

In spite of all my apprehension of the damage that my depression did to them they still love me, all these years later.

My son has given me a grand-daughter and is a constant loving source in my life.

My daughter graduated on the honor roll from school, graduated with great distinction from the College of Commerce and just recently received her Chartered Accountants status (in the top 10%) which required her to pass a rigorous set of exams that are said to be one of the most difficult professional exams in the world.

Those who have been on this site for a while have heard this story a few times but it just touches me so much I like to share it when I can. I reinforces that maybe I wasn't so bad a mom after all.

This kid that I worried I damaged beyond repair told me a while ago.
"I am ok. I forgive you. I think that I turned out ok and that is because of you"

Keep that in mind.

angel

ill try

Postby angel » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:18 pm

i fell like im mum then me i try keep it in control for them been not well sine i was 9 im 32 ow so im an old hand at it

xn728

hi angel

Postby xn728 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:52 pm

hi angel sorry ive not welcomed you before ,ive been a little dark just lately ,
but i will say welcome now and i hope the forum will give you some
comfort and support ,,,best wishes ,,,,xn728

angel

ty for ur welcome

Postby angel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 pm

ty for ur welcome the dark times are bad but u made it through this time like last time and the nxt time x

xn728

your right

Postby xn728 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 pm

ty your right ,there will be many dark times for me ,but i will not stay down ,ive made a promise and it will not be broken ,,stay safe and know
we are with you ,close your eyes and look with your mind ,now turn
around for we are many that stand beside you ,,,,,bless you xn728

angel

u no im right

Postby angel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:46 pm

we are all on here cause we survivers and strong

Return to “New Member Introductions”