Help now

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Rohan

Help now

Postby Rohan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am

I am depressed and this is first i am going through this and i am worried.
I have a good family support system and all but i just feel that now i am too much of a load for them to bare.

A brief history is that i am sick and have done several surgeries and had numerous hospital stays and having just recently left from my last visit, in fact i am in physio therapy still.

I am having thoughts of just committing suicide and its becoming more constant each day, i havent mentioned this to anyone but they know i am depressed.

I have not done any counselling etc or taken any medication because i know what the problem is and taking medication isnt going to solve the problem and the issue is still be there.

As i said i was sick and just getting back but my business while i was absent deteriorated and now i have to close it .this is whybi am depressed, i can no longer work and my business is in ruins and i reguse to depend on family .
I am driven and ambitious and cant live depending on others.

I am frustrated now and have to stop writing.

Beth F

Re: Help now

Postby Beth F » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm sorry you're struggling, it sounds like you've been through a lot lately. I really understand those feelings of wanting to spare your family the "load" of your depression. But as you said they are aware that you're depressed and it's possible there are at least some family members who want to talk about it with you, but don't know what to say. It could end up being a huge relief to them when you do choose to open up, and I really think you should, because holding it all in can make the feelings fester and grow.

You should also mention this to your doctor, especially since you're having thoughts of suicide. It's very common for people dealing with illness and pain to experience depression. Do you feel you could at least tell your doctor about this?

Rohan

Postby Rohan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks Beth F,

I have spoken to some family members about it and they are supportive .i have not mentioned it to my doctor though.

I am a go getter and goal oriented person and like to do things and achieve on my own and not bother others , like being independent and realizing i may need help and accepting is hard for me to deal with.

I get the feeling of worthlessness and disappointment in myself , when i know i have no control over my health. There u see is the high standard i hold for myself,I wont let my illness be an excuse .

I am trying everyday but everyday its just as hard, i am basically having to start over in life at this age.

Thanks again

Ann

Postby Ann » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed. It is very hard to have ailments and depend upon others. Your doctor should be able to point you in the right direction as far as how to get help. It is helpful for me to go for counseling and talk about my thoughts. I have chronic health issues and have to be thankful for what I can still do. You took a big step by posting so now you have to keep moving towards adjusting to your situation the best that you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

LookUp1430

Postby LookUp1430 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 am

I am very sorry you are going through this. I can tell you are very depressed, and since you are a driven person, I can see how your being sick can be very frustrating to you. But, suicide is not the answer. And I am certain that your perception of your being a burden to your family is just that...a perception and not the reality. Family is there to be leaned on. Ask yourself this...if a family member of yours asked you for help, would you tell them they are a burden and to go away? Just by the words of your post, I can tell you would not do that. You would help them until they didn't need help anymore. Why do you feel that is different when you are the one who needs help? Lean on your family until you don't need to lean on them anymore. Use that drive to do what it takes to get better. Then, take it from there. If you had a successful business before you got sick, you can have a successful business in the future again. Hang in there.

LisaS

Postby LisaS » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:27 am

I understand. I too need help.

Life_Hope_Love

Postby Life_Hope_Love » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:36 pm

I am so sorry you're going through this right now. I think it's really brave to be honest about how you're feeling and open up here about it. That's a pretty big step to feeling better. I had struggled with a lot of depression a while ago, and talking with a counselor really helped and they did not push me to take any meds. There are lots of other coping skills they can help with besides meds :)
Going through so many surgeries and completely altering your whole lifestyle is a big change, it can take a bit for your body, mind and emotions to adjust to all that! I think it's great you have a solid family support system.
Keep going, soon you will look back on this time and be glad you overcame it!
Blessings

Justin12

Postby Justin12 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Thank you. Very interestingly written. I have a good website that helps me in education https://expertpaperwriter.com/ this website provides reviews on paper writing services.

Return to “New Member Introductions”