Atelophobia

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Quiet Queen

Atelophobia

Postby Quiet Queen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:34 am

It's quite familiar with Atychiphobia.

So anyone ever felt like exploding in tears because you're not as talented or feel like you're not good enough?

While exploding in anger and disappointment. Do you see your peers whispering about how short tempered you are?

This phobia is damaging and I hope i'm not alone but anyways. If you read my forum and if you do or don't have thanks for reading.

I'm bored so yeah.

Noir

Re: Atelophobia

Postby Noir » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:20 am

Hello ;)

Yes, I'm suffering from atelophobia too. I told about it to one of my close friends and she tried to help me, but it often gets back :(

So yes, you are not alone ;D

Quiet Queen

Postby Quiet Queen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey

Thank goodness i'm not alone when this phobia didn't get mentioned I felt concerned. :P

sunnytortoise

Postby sunnytortoise » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello I don't suffer from your phobia, but I have been and continue to be an extreme perfectionist. One of my teachers told me this anecdote; for example, if you keep saying I suck, try adding the word sometimes to the end of the sentence. So then the mantra becomes: I suck some times. Might help, I don't know. It has helped me a little bit

Quiet Queen

Postby Quiet Queen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:53 am

I might try that but whenever I say something. I say it without thinking and my emotions might hit me first but thanks for the advice. :mrgreen:

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:21 am

Quiet Queen wrote:It's quite familiar with Atychiphobia.

So anyone ever felt like exploding in tears because you're not as talented or feel like you're not good enough?

While exploding in anger and disappointment. Do you see your peers whispering about how short tempered you are?

This phobia is damaging and I hope i'm not alone but anyways. If you read my forum and if you do or don't have thanks for reading.

I'm bored so yeah.

I would confront this phobia with confidence and belief in yourself. You will always be good enough, you wont be good at everything, but neither am i, neither is everyone. It also sounds like it comes with mild paranoia. The best way to deal with this issue is be very positive in your mind and question everything negative.

Return to “Phobias”