My cousin is afraid of pigeons

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

brianfre76

My cousin is afraid of pigeons

Postby brianfre76 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:11 am

Hey all,
Is there anyone who is afraid of pigeons? I know the fear of pigeons seems odd, but you know, one of my cousins is dangerously afraid of theses birds. She used to run whenever she saw this bird. Actually, this fear has started at her school days. Once, she saw a terrible dream about pigeons and from that time onwards she is afraid of this bird. and the fun part is she forgot what the dream was all about, still afraid of them. Lol :D Does anyone here have a similar experience? What can be done to get rid of this fear? any tips or thoughts would be appreciable. thank you in advance.

Prycejosh1987

Re: My cousin is afraid of pigeons

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:33 am

brianfre76 wrote:Hey all,
Is there anyone who is afraid of pigeons? I know the fear of pigeons seems odd, but you know, one of my cousins is dangerously afraid of theses birds. She used to run whenever she saw this bird. Actually, this fear has started at her school days. Once, she saw a terrible dream about pigeons and from that time onwards she is afraid of this bird. and the fun part is she forgot what the dream was all about, still afraid of them. Lol :D Does anyone here have a similar experience? What can be done to get rid of this fear? any tips or thoughts would be appreciable. thank you in advance.

Pigeons can be scary. Because they like to come near people randomly at times and they hang in groups most of the time. Pigeons are just like all other birds. The phobia is treatable. The only way you can overcome this problem is to confront it. Tell you cousin to feed the birds. drop some bread and then stay away from the food. Watch the situation and then do it again and again till shes confident. If shes not confident even after these things then theres nothing people can do. Pigeons are harmless, i am 33 years old and ive never been attacked by a pigeon and ive never seen or heard someone that has been attacked by one ever. They are harmless birds.

Return to “Phobias”