phobia of the ocean

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Dubliner

phobia of the ocean

Postby Dubliner » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:18 pm

i have a weird and complex phobia. the phobia of the sea, especially waves but the weird thing is i like to go to the sea side and i like waves when im actually there with them, i went on holiday to brazil and had a great time swimming about in the sea and some of the waves there were 2 - 3 metres high and powerful as hell. no for some reason if im watching tv and an unexpected wave appears then i cack myself. its unexplainable really. i dont even have a phobia of drowning really or sharks or anything like that. its more the colour of the wave and the shape and especially if the water is cold and the colour is greeny greyey blue and the water looks deep it terrifies me. other things like whirlpools sometimes scare me aswell. i remember when i was very young when i had a bath alone i would have a fear that the bath would suddenly like drop into the sea. weird eh. i cant explain why seeing pictures and video footage of the sea scares me so much but actually being there in the sea doesnt scare me. i cant even begin to explain.

fallen

Postby fallen » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:52 pm

hypnotherapy can help to relieve symptoms of anxiety and odd reasoning such as yours, but most people have fears , it is normal .
take care

danny500

Postby danny500 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 am

I also think hypnotherapy is one of the solution but I think if you can do it yourself than try to do it more and more so that your phobia is finished.

Prycejosh1987

Re: phobia of the ocean

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:34 pm

Dubliner wrote:i have a weird and complex phobia. the phobia of the sea, especially waves but the weird thing is i like to go to the sea side and i like waves when im actually there with them, i went on holiday to brazil and had a great time swimming about in the sea and some of the waves there were 2 - 3 metres high and powerful as hell. no for some reason if im watching tv and an unexpected wave appears then i cack myself. its unexplainable really. i dont even have a phobia of drowning really or sharks or anything like that. its more the colour of the wave and the shape and especially if the water is cold and the colour is greeny greyey blue and the water looks deep it terrifies me. other things like whirlpools sometimes scare me aswell. i remember when i was very young when i had a bath alone i would have a fear that the bath would suddenly like drop into the sea. weird eh. i cant explain why seeing pictures and video footage of the sea scares me so much but actually being there in the sea doesnt scare me. i cant even begin to explain.

If you have a phobia of the sea despite being at the sea at times. Then you need to reassure yourself that you have conquered that fear. Believe it in your mind.

Return to “Phobias”