Balloon phobia?

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Tart

Balloon phobia?

Postby Tart » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:22 am

I have been wondering if there is such thing for phobia for balloons because idk why but I am scared of rubber balloons but not plasic, and I want to know anything that can get rid of a balloon phobia? Thank you!

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Tart. Honestly I did not know the answer to your guestion so I googled balloon phobia and what I found was that is called this globophobia. You can probably research it online. I know I am scared of balloons but it stems from an incident when I was a kid. Older brother used to think it was funny to pop them by my ears. Now I dont like them at all but would not say its gone as far as a phobia for me I checked out a couple of websites that came up when I did a search and it said CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) can be helpful. I hope this is helpful.

hollyann

UpsideDown

Postby UpsideDown » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 am

Hi Tart.
I have been suffering from balloon phobia since I was 5 years old, so yes, it exists.

My phobia is strong, but I have gone to a therapist so it's better now.

What makes me afraid of those rubber balls, is that I constantly cannot stop thinking about it whenever I am near one or when there is a balloon in the same room as I am in.

I cannot stop thinking about "when will it pop?" and also hope for that no one does something with it.

If you are curious about my phobia, just send me a message and I will try to answer that :)

Prycejosh1987

Re: Balloon phobia?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Tart wrote:I have been wondering if there is such thing for phobia for balloons because idk why but I am scared of rubber balloons but not plasic, and I want to know anything that can get rid of a balloon phobia? Thank you!

Just believe that balloons are harmless. When they pop it sounds loud, but generally they are harmless, and that is even when you pop them.

useranonymous

Re: Balloon phobia?

Postby useranonymous » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi. I have also been scared to be around balloons since as long as I can remember. It's the thought and sound of them popping that terrify me. In the past at work, I have been asked to blow up balloons and I tried to but had to get somebody else to carry on as I was scared of them bursting in my face. My boss always said I was silly to be scared of balloons but he's more than welcome to burst one in his own face if he likes it. I also dam well hate it at parties when they are laying about on the floor and just start bursting randomly. It's nearly enough to make my heart jump out my chest. This happened at my daughter's 1st birthday party. I used a balloon pump to inflate some but even with the pump I was still nervous. So in answer to your question, yes I think there is such a thing.

Return to “Phobias”