Balloon phobia?

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

Balloon phobia?

Postby Tart » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:22 am

I have been wondering if there is such thing for phobia for balloons because idk why but I am scared of rubber balloons but not plasic, and I want to know anything that can get rid of a balloon phobia? Thank you!
Sigh...why me

Postby hollyann » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Tart. Honestly I did not know the answer to your guestion so I googled balloon phobia and what I found was that is called this globophobia. You can probably research it online. I know I am scared of balloons but it stems from an incident when I was a kid. Older brother used to think it was funny to pop them by my ears. Now I dont like them at all but would not say its gone as far as a phobia for me I checked out a couple of websites that came up when I did a search and it said CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) can be helpful. I hope this is helpful.

Postby UpsideDown » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 am

Hi Tart.
I have been suffering from balloon phobia since I was 5 years old, so yes, it exists.

My phobia is strong, but I have gone to a therapist so it's better now.

What makes me afraid of those rubber balls, is that I constantly cannot stop thinking about it whenever I am near one or when there is a balloon in the same room as I am in.

I cannot stop thinking about "when will it pop?" and also hope for that no one does something with it.

If you are curious about my phobia, just send me a message and I will try to answer that :)

Return to “Phobias”