Agoraphobia Help

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Hg1989

Agoraphobia Help

Postby Hg1989 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi everyone I just recently discovered this agoraphobia or what seems like it , I was at a get together or party when a fight broke out and I had to break it up I had offered to take one of the fighters home when half way there I got a serious attack of panic and fear I turned around and came home and since I've been getting panic since then I've recently quit smoking and drinking all together to help lower my anxiety but I feel like nothing helps me I feel depressed I've been in the house for over 4 months and am starting to not be able to take it is there any hope for me or am I trapped in this house I feel like I'm going crazy.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi Hg1989,

Perhaps consider talking with a professional, start with your family physician. Just a thought. Getting answers to a situation as this seems like the right way to go.

Warmsoul

Hg1989

Postby Hg1989 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:25 pm

I've tried but every time I try to leave the house I get so panicky that I have to return and I've tried anti depressants which have stopped working and had bad effects on me I'm tired of being angry and sad and anxious I have no idea what to do right now the doctor thing me going there is out of the question completely

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 pm

(((((((((((( Hg1989 )))))))))))))))))

Perhaps call the doctors office, talk with the nurse? See what they say and see how it can be handled? If you are on meds, perhaps a change in them might work?

I don't have the knowledge to give a proper answer, suggesting a way that you might go to get those answers. Sending good lthoughts your way.

Warmie

Return to “Phobias”