Agoraphobia Help

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

Hg1989

Agoraphobia Help

Postby Hg1989 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi everyone I just recently discovered this agoraphobia or what seems like it , I was at a get together or party when a fight broke out and I had to break it up I had offered to take one of the fighters home when half way there I got a serious attack of panic and fear I turned around and came home and since I've been getting panic since then I've recently quit smoking and drinking all together to help lower my anxiety but I feel like nothing helps me I feel depressed I've been in the house for over 4 months and am starting to not be able to take it is there any hope for me or am I trapped in this house I feel like I'm going crazy.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi Hg1989,

Perhaps consider talking with a professional, start with your family physician. Just a thought. Getting answers to a situation as this seems like the right way to go.

Warmsoul
“If we admit our depression openly and freely, those around us get from it an experience of freedom rather than the depression itself.”
--- Dr. Rollo May
Sunshine, smiles and love.

Depression Forums | Depression Chat Rooms | Depression Blogs

http://www.depression-understood.org/

Hg1989

Postby Hg1989 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:25 pm

I've tried but every time I try to leave the house I get so panicky that I have to return and I've tried anti depressants which have stopped working and had bad effects on me I'm tired of being angry and sad and anxious I have no idea what to do right now the doctor thing me going there is out of the question completely

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 pm

(((((((((((( Hg1989 )))))))))))))))))

Perhaps call the doctors office, talk with the nurse? See what they say and see how it can be handled? If you are on meds, perhaps a change in them might work?

I don't have the knowledge to give a proper answer, suggesting a way that you might go to get those answers. Sending good lthoughts your way.

Warmie
“If we admit our depression openly and freely, those around us get from it an experience of freedom rather than the depression itself.”

--- Dr. Rollo May

Sunshine, smiles and love.

Depression Forums | Depression Chat Rooms | Depression Blogs

http://www.depression-understood.org/

Return to “Phobias”