Teacher Requirements

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Teacher Requirements

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:08 am

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:45 am

After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect said: "Let me see if I've got this right....

You want me to go into that room with all those kids and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning." And I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.

You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self-esteem.

You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and fair play, how and where to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job.

I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, offer advice, write letters of recommendation for student employment and scholarships, encourage respect for their elders and future employers.

And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card. All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books, a bulletin board, and a big smile AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps!

You want me to do all of this, and you expect me NOT TO PRAY?"

~Teacher Unknown~ Teacher

8)

Gloomy2

Postby Gloomy2 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:10 am

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:41 pm

HALLELUIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Oh how well put!!!!!!!!!!

They also DON'T WANT TO PAY TEACHERS a living wage for doing about 12 different jobs in one day!!!!!!!! :shock:

Plus, they expect us to have a MAster's degree, which I do, or go beyond it. Pay me first! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs,
Gloomy2

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:11 am

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:59 am

(((((((((((((((((((((Gloomy2)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I bow before you!!!!

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Gloomy2

Postby Gloomy2 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:12 am

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:12 am

Hey Warmie!!

I think the teachers of the world need to simultaneously break into Aretha's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" song as a protest world-wide!!!! :lol:

HEE HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Colleen

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:13 am

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:00 am

(((((((((((((((((moo)))))))))))))))))))))))

You got me breaking into song Lady.!!!!!!!!

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”