Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy 15 - 28

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy 15 - 28

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:56 pm

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:09 pm

15. Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

16. Probably the earliest fly swatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.

17. I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway.

18. I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. And since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and hand it to him.

19. Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery and that's why so is mankind.

20. If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.

21. It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

22. If you ever reach total enlightenment while you're drinking a beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.

23. To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad.

24. As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

25. I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

26. I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching.

27. Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to read good books.

28. What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? And after you're real drunk, maybe go down to the public park and stagger around and ask people for money, and then lay down and go to sleep.

8)

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”