Do you think? 9-20

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Do you think? 9-20

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:17 pm

That it's easier to say what you feel in writing than saying it to someone in the face? Or do you think that it has more value when you say it to their face?

Warmie 8)

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:52 pm

if its something sensitive and i'm not sure the message will get across correctly, i always say to the person directly and not in a message because i worry that after reading the message the person may take it wrongly... but i like writing messages because it allows me to think clearly about what i want to say, allows me time to express my inner feelings, and i feel that the person can read it slowly and carefully and take time to fully appreciate the meaning of the words... Jeanie!! really so nice to have you back... we are all so worried about you... hope you are much better now...

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:12 pm

(((((((((( hey ))))))))))))))))))

Wow, you touched my heart with your concern. Don't know what to say but thank you. I am trying very hard to get better, want my life back. Two surgeries within 6 weeks is a lot to deal with. Been told I am strong, guess it is time to find out.

I totally agree with your views on the written and verbal. And agree that taking time to express the inner self is truly fulfilling. Seems we have some thoughts in common. Thank you so much for replying.

Jeanie 8)

Alleine

Postby Alleine » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:01 pm

For me, it is always easier to write to someone than say things directly to them. Most of the time, I think it is my social anxiety that makes it that way for me, but at the same time, I have always been good at writing. Taking the time to sit and write something can have a deepness of its own, however, as it was already stated, the wrong message could come across if you are not careful.

When speaking to someone face to face, I often find myself freeze up and forget what I was going to say to them. When speaking, you don't have the time to think about things, so everything is really honest, as where with writing, you think things over and word things differently depending on how you want the message to come across... Just my opinions

Alleine :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 pm

((((((((((((((((((( Alleine )))))))))))))))))

Guess we all do what is best for us, but getting fed back on this is interesting. Thank you.

8)

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”